Inside turret control

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well basically it would be good to have possibility to turn on, turn off and reset turrets bobby AI's from inside base or ship. Cause its way to dangerous and time comnsuming to come out to each turret just to change mode or unglitch.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    bump! i guess this topic just gone with others in a second, so active is this forum ... btw i have to say ive never seen such sudden popularity before

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is definitely something I can vouch for. I\'d love to see some form of Bobby AI control system block in the game which I can use from within the Ship Core. It\'s so very painful to have to re-enable over 100 AI controlled turrets. A flick of a switch would be glorious!

Reaction score
    I was thinking something like what there is for the anti-matter/salvage cannons could work. Have a master control block that when you press \"T\" instead of assigning it to a hot key, use the discription/info panel (rightside of the weapons menu) to toggle on/off the relevant AI!?

Zeveryn

The Devious Traitor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Well if you make solid boring ships then sure ya u need to go outside and Fix it. But if u got Interior all u need is a Door nearby to the turret areas for a shorter walk or even be able to reach the Bobby Ai from inside

Reaction score
    Activating seprate Bobby AI modules is very tedious, that would be great!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'d like to see this and also improve the AI and add more settings, so that whilst inside you ship you can designate targets for your turrets to fire at, rather than them fire at anything red, and completely ignore blue targets, that still might be attacking you. Turrets really need to be fixed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nah Zeveryn i can assure u i dont make solid boring ships, my ships are like real with interiors functional rooms and passageways but still, i think its stupid to go in person to setup each turret i have installed . Even now most modern navies in the world they simply use computers onboard ships to control weapon systems.

Reaction score
    this is something large ships and stations DESPERATELY need. MY dreadnaught used to have a bunch of little guns ( 43 on both the top and the bottom and another 20 on the starboard and port so 126 total) and while they absolutely shredded pirate ships often times they\'d get shot to pieces, every battle or so i\'d have to replace 10-20, more if it was a bad engagement for me. replacing the turrets themselves isn\'t the tedious process because of a trick where you get out of the ship as it docks, meaning you don\'t have any to walk at all to dock multiple ships. The annoying part was then turning on their AI constantly, now i have 1 main turret on the bottom and top and 2 smaller ones on the sides. ( smaller being relative to the main turrets their like 50 blocks long) each of these turrets is far more durable which means i don\'t have to deal with their AI as much, but its still a pain in the arse.

Also Rodentsnipe, you can set some of your turrets to fire at ANY ship, and then others to fire at selected target, this makes them shoot at whatever your main ship is locked on to at the time, sadly its a bit buggy and won\'t stop firing at a target unless its dead or way out of range ( never lock onto an asteroid or planetoid) but i agree there need to be more AI options, like Fire if fired upon, where a turret will wait until something ANYTHING shoots at the main ship or another turret then it will lock onto that target and won\'t stop shooting until one of them is dead. because i\'ve had people in my own faction shoot at me trying to kill my ship ( luckily it was a fighter versus a dreadnought o_O they never even dented my shields)

Another good option for the ai would be a follow mode for ship AI, where when clicked it brings up a list of ships that are nearby, and you select one, and the AI ship will follow the one that is selected. With this you could have a carrier followed by a fleet of fighters or frigates. Or have a harraser that doesn\'t give up chasing it\'s target until one of them dies. But then we\'d also want a home base option where if an AI controlled vessel finishes what it\'s doing it then tries to make its way back home, this could be a ship, a station, or a sector.

Reaction score
    The game really need a eazy way to activate turrets from ur main ship. Its soooooooo boring to go out of ur ship and activate 33 turrets.
    It had been cool if 1 button activated all the turrets that was docked on the ship!! And if u could set the turret settings once and it would be enabled on all the turrets! Sorry if i had bad english (its not my main language)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I agree with this! The simplest solution would be to be able to access AI settings for all ships docked to the one you\'re in, including turrets and docked drones.

Reaction score
    It would be awesome when the bobby ai only turn off when you sit in it and reactivate when you switch back to you cockpit, other turret, core or what ever :) together with the control block where you can switch all turrets on or off.