Infinite Jump Drive Range

Reaction score
    Having an infinite Jump Drive range sounds like a bit of a game breaking idea, but if you introduce some downsides, (for example power usage and load times increasing by a large degree for each sector travelled)
    this might just work. also creating a window or some text informing you how far you are about to jump or when you have reached the required distance for a waypoint would be rather useful.

Reactions: Mariux

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Having an infinite Jump Drive range sounds like a bit of a game breaking idea, but if you introduce some downsides, (for example power usage and load times increasing by a large degree for each sector travelled)
    this might just work. also creating a window or some text informing you how far you are about to jump or when you have reached the required distance for a waypoint would be rather useful.
    I think that the range should be based on the percentage of jump drive modules on the ship.
    *notices username* Yes, I also think that Starbound's version naming system is quite hillarious.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Honestly no please. We have gates. We shouldn't be lazy and we should actually build gate networks. Players always find a way yo beat the systems and get the most out of the modules in the game. It's why the devs are avoiding changing weapon stats anymore. They would find ways to make a galaxy jumping ship. No, we should keep limited jump range. I never want to expect the possibility of instantly warping farther than is necessary.