Individual Sector Backups

Reaction score
    Recently, the /vg/ Planet got griefed by Reddit and/or parties claiming to be Reddit. This happened in spite of the fact that it was supposedly protected as a home base. Therefore, to prevent future attacks of this nature, I suggest the implementation of a command allowing a player to save a sector to a local file, thus allowing them to provide the backup it to the server admin in the event of griefer action, especially in the event of an exploit such as this one.

http://i.imgur.com/q79GZ0k.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PpgFsyR.jpg

Reaction score
    If there was some way to back up our work and then have it be restored on per sector basis it would be very useful to undo any griefing attempts.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    hey lets have carebear launchers and pony beam weapons too.... jesus ppl

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    you already backup ships and stations? If something gets smashed, build a new one.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    I agree. It would be great to be able to save any object in a catalog much like we have with ships already. This would allow us to restore objects previous version, spawn them, and even restore someting that has been damaged. If we want to implement NPC factions that have bases this would be a mechanism that could be used to restore their presence after something like a player raid destroyed everything.

Reaction score
    Strongly againgst, will render faction wars even more useless.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to see the ability to save structures, so that I can import/export them to other servers, but players should have to pay the cost for the structure like they do for ships.

Sector repair should be an admin tool.