Increase Astronaut-mode mining bonus

Reaction score
    Greatly increase the random multiplier for astronaut mode mining so that people actually get out of their ships.

Right now most people would rather find a shop, build a salvager, then come back the the roid/planet and mine it than get out and mine by hand.

Reactions: hunterRAE

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    And until they fix asteroid spawning, I'd quite rather it this way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I understand the feeling of needing an advantage for an astronaut, but in reality, if a guy has the ability to mine faster and efficiently, even if they lose a good portion of the material , they would prefer the machine, because people want less effort. I agree in the end for that advantage, because I am not like most people, I would prefer to get more for my amount, because I can just drag the asteroid with me in a cage for more skilled mining.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I understand the feeling of needing an advantage for an astronaut, but in reality, if a guy has the ability to mine faster and efficiently, even if they lose a good portion of the material , they would prefer the machine, because people want less effort. I agree in the end for that advantage, because I am not like most people, I would prefer to get more for my amount, because I can just drag the asteroid with me in a cage for more skilled mining.
    i think most likely this would be a thingy for the few survival players among us.
    the ones that strand themselfs on a planet :D

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Why make them not work on a planet from a normal ship when you can let them work just not as well as a ship or mining tool docked to the planet? :)

Reaction score
    Why make them not work on a planet from a normal ship when you can let them work just not as well as a ship or mining tool docked to the planet? :)
    Anything that would counteract the planet eaters massive lagstorm

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Or doing this for asteroids too, but making salvage beams unable to harvest planets because that's a lagfest anyway. (atmospheric interference?)
    But that would render planet resources pointless, people would just eat asteroids and never touch planets seeing as the returns are so much greater seeing as you don't have to mine blocks one at a time. (Oftentimes you can just eat an asteroid in a second or two.) If every resource block harvested on a planet was worth significantly more than blocks harvested on asteroids, it would encourage people to go out and actually mine on planets...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    While I do feel that astronauts not having very many practical uses can be a problem, there really is no way to fix this without changing the core game play. The astronauts are really only the means to the ship and a way to add perspective to your creations. I think people building fantastically powerful planet eaters is more akin to the core game than getting out and hand mining materials.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    Or doing this for asteroids too, but making salvage beams unable to harvest planets because that's a lagfest anyway. (atmospheric interference?)
    That would create a partial disconnect between planet and space game-play which is something the dev-team absolutely won't do. Schema wants his creation to be seamless.

Reaction score
    But that would render planet resources pointless, people would just eat asteroids and never touch planets
    That would be an improvement. 1500 ping isn't fun.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1438207623,1438207441][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That would create a partial disconnect between planet and space game-play which is something the dev-team absolutely won't do. Schema wants his creation to be seamless.
    Lag jumping back 10 seconds for two minutes before getting timed out is substantially less seamless than just having to get out of your ship once in a while.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If that's too much then Schema just has to rewrite his damn doctrines, because like most of his core principles that is a great idea in theory, but in practice it's keeping this game back...

Reactions: Psy_commando