Improved block rotation controls

Reaction score
    I find the existing controls for CTRL-mouse-wheel block rotation painfully slow and with a fast mouse wheel it's very easy to overshoot, back and forth, and spend ages trying to find the right rotation, only to place it, move to the next block you want to place and have to do it all over again...

I would suggest instead allowing keyboard controls to rotate blocks also. I have used AutoHotKey to allow me to emulate something this locally, but offical support would be much better. For example, keys could be bound to rotate the block relative to the camera's view; e.g.

CTRL-A = rotate left (around camera Y axis)
    CTRL-D = rotate right (around camera Y axis)
    CTRL-W = rotate up (around camera X axis)
    CTRL-S = rotate down (around camera X axis)
    CTRL-Q = roll left (around camera Z axis)
    CTRL-E = roll right (around camera Z axis)

Please like or comment if you agree (or otherwise) so that we can raise it to Schine's attention.

-Mut

Reactions: Lone_Puppy
    Reaction score
    I find the existing controls for CTRL-mouse-wheel block rotation painfully slow and with a fast mouse wheel it's very easy to overshoot, back and forth, and spend ages trying to find the right rotation, only to place it, move to the next block you want to place and have to do it all over again...

I would suggest instead allowing keyboard controls to rotate blocks also. I have used AutoHotKey to allow me to emulate something this locally, but offical support would be much better. For example, keys could be bound to rotate the block relative to the camera's view; e.g.

CTRL-A = rotate left (around camera Y axis)
    CTRL-D = rotate right (around camera Y axis)
    CTRL-W = rotate up (around camera X axis)
    CTRL-S = rotate down (around camera X axis)
    CTRL-Q = roll left (around camera Z axis)
    CTRL-E = roll right (around camera Z axis)

Please like or comment if you agree (or otherwise) so that we can raise it to Schine's attention.

-Mut
    This. Or the FtD system, which is similar besides some camera position related features.