Ideas!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Starmade ideas and suggestions.

Hey guys, I'll be adding any ideas I get here!

Weapons

Now while the weapons are good for an alpha release, there are a few changes that I personally would like to see.
    First of all, missiles. Simply put, their speed needs to be relevant to how fast you are travelling at their launch

I would like to see AMCs have color variations, emit light, have a small splash effect on their damage, and NOT be pinpoint accurate.

Slower firing, powerful AMCs (say one every few seconds) should be able to pass through several layers of blocks if they are powerful enough. This would give them a use other then shield breaker/tunneling tool.

Blocks

I would like to see more block variation. Say a thruster block with 4 times the power and energy consumption for less blocks needed for bigger builds.

A tractor beam/grappling block would be handy for dragging defeated ships to a station/harvesting facility. This may be able to be used as a weapon.

Physics

Magnetism of ships, and a larger gravity field for planets. Suns need gravity.

Entity splitting. I know this has been suggested a lot.

Collision damage. Instead of deleting blocks, displace them (denting) as well as a damage relevant to the force of the crash and mass of the ship.

Natural events

There should be moving asteroids, nebulae, black holes, wormholes and other anomalies. A space electrical storm might damage your shields and disable weapons for a limited time.

Textures

There needs to be a more fitting damage sprite. The current one looks out of place.

King_Corduroy

Pre-Yogswarm Member
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Tractor Beam is a good idea. I would use that.

There are alot of things that could make this game better, round planets, less planets, realistic solar systems, actual block break times instead of instant harvest, food and agroculture would be good, and of course fixing the darn controls. It is so hard to turn the ship over while flying against gravity, life (for me at least) would be so much easier if I could use a joystick for flight.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I would love to see xbox control support, there nees to be less planets, and shops. i had 2 shops spawn within 200m of each other. Block break times would be great.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i dont believe xbox controllers could run starmade & its required amount of controls... id prefer if we all just got the oculos rift & a omni and RUN, yes, you heard me, RUN to move... and use the oculus rift to look around... oh it would be a very interesting time trying to use your head to dodge all the gun fire at you XD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ve been playing SM with an Xbox control today through xpadder. it actually works quite well once you assign everything correctly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i have not read all the post regarding ideas for planets. So if this is a duplicate i appoligize ahead of time but

would it be posible to arrange multiples of the current planet type into a soccer ball? so each new planet would be comprised of many of the current plant types, and the center is just left hollow (for now) so it would just look like a huge shell with current planets on the face of the soccer ball,.... so not changing the cylinder planet style just stacking multiple ones side by side inorder to create a sphere from them.. to form a soccer ball like shape . Im horrible at writing what im thinking but basially just putting the cylinder planet where the polygons are and leaving the gaps between ajoining circles on the face for now i guess.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think id be great to see it on xbla or as an indie game on the xbox my laptop is terrible and cant run the game. The xbox 360 is popular and lots of the smaller games still are great and the game is still in develoment and the controlor has enough buttons and the dpad could be used as a preset thind to change button layouts so you could make up your wepeons etc. My gamer tag is BAK3D SPARTAN98

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it would be awesome and probably the coolest thing ever if you made starmade for the Xbox 360

Seriously you should really look into it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But what would you do with the insides of that shape? The problem with most planet ideas is at what point gravity changes, with strange effects occuring when you go deeper into the planet. But would the inside of the planet be hollow? Also, I see no way that the current 4 sided blocks could be arranged to make a hexagon without distorting them, which schema has objected to. It\'s a cool idea, but I don\'t see how it would work.