Ideas for the next Dev Discussion

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    The last discussion with the devs was a lot of fun (even though I missed most of it lol) but I'm thinking we should have a thread to put down all our ideas so that we can ask them next time.
    Please don't actually discuss the ideas in this thread, as this is just for placing questions down so we don't forget them.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    we did have a place to ask them questions. they were called bi-weekly Dev Q&As.

guess what happen to those.

Energywelder

Director-General, EDY
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I have a question: Is there a way for people to volunteer to help develop the game? I technically have a degree in Computer Engineering, and some limited experience with programming and Java (ironically, ive worked with multiple programming languages now, possibly 6, and Java is the one i had more than 1 class on XD)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've wondered that for a long time. But have never seen that question directly answered by schine. Unless it was through discord maybe?

Energywelder - heres hoping you can, and a small thank you from a longtime Starmade fan if it works.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I have a question: Is there a way for people to volunteer to help develop the game? I technically have a degree in Computer Engineering, and some limited experience with programming and Java (ironically, ive worked with multiple programming languages now, possibly 6, and Java is the one i had more than 1 class on XD)
    Folks like NZSmartie are trying to start a modding community. That's probably your best bet there.

I think mods are incredibly important in providing additional content into a game. In StarMade's case, they could go a long way into fleshing out some of the features we've introduced but not finished.

There are modding channels in our Discord you can head on over to.

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    Folks like NZSmartie are trying to start a modding community. That's probably your best bet there.

I think mods are incredibly important in providing additional content into a game. In StarMade's case, they could go a long way into fleshing out some of the features we've introduced but not finished.

There are modding channels in our Discord you can head on over to.
    This is extremely Awesome!!! Mods are the secret for a game longevity, like Minecraft, Skyrim and etc.. =)

Reactions: OfficialCoding

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    I know it's too soon, but can we have a mod manager feature on the launcher? this could be a game changer later on IMO.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I know it's too soon, but can we have a mod manager feature on the launcher? this could be a game changer later on IMO.
    NZSmartie 's DistortSM project would include a Mod Manager if I recall correctly.