1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before the end of August.

Ideas for the next Dev Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OfficialCoding, Jul 23, 2019.

1. OfficialCoding

OfficialCoding Currently Fleet Building

The last discussion with the devs was a lot of fun (even though I missed most of it lol) but I'm thinking we should have a thread to put down all our ideas so that we can ask them next time.
      Please don't actually discuss the ideas in this thread, as this is just for placing questions down so we don't forget them.

• Like Like x 3
    2. Crimson-Artist

Crimson-Artist Wiki Administrator

we did have a place to ask them questions. they were called bi-weekly Dev Q&As.

guess what happen to those.

3. Energywelder

Energywelder Director-General, EDY

I have a question: Is there a way for people to volunteer to help develop the game? I technically have a degree in Computer Engineering, and some limited experience with programming and Java (ironically, ive worked with multiple programming languages now, possibly 6, and Java is the one i had more than 1 class on XD)

• Like Like x 2
    4. Malum Phasma

I've wondered that for a long time. But have never seen that question directly answered by schine. Unless it was through discord maybe?

Energywelder - heres hoping you can, and a small thank you from a longtime Starmade fan if it works.

5. DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms Count Duku

Folks like NZSmartie are trying to start a modding community. That's probably your best bet there.

I think mods are incredibly important in providing additional content into a game. In StarMade's case, they could go a long way into fleshing out some of the features we've introduced but not finished.

There are modding channels in our Discord you can head on over to.

• Like Like x 2
    6. klawxx

klawxx Product Manager - Roden Shipyards

This is extremely Awesome!!! Mods are the secret for a game longevity, like Minecraft, Skyrim and etc.. =)

• Like Like x 1
    7. klawxx

klawxx Product Manager - Roden Shipyards

I know it's too soon, but can we have a mod manager feature on the launcher? this could be a game changer later on IMO.

8. Thadius Faran

Thadius Faran #1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner

NZSmartie 's DistortSM project would include a Mod Manager if I recall correctly.