idea: radio chat & displayblock-cams

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have some idea's for roleplay and more fun.

First is simple to explain and i think easy to implement and makes a huge RP change (i think).
    2nd idea is a bit more complex to create but adds fun as well.

First:
    Linking camp and displaymodule with ingame linking system. After that the display module (or new one) becouse uneditable, but with the R button it will show you the cam its linked to. (without be able to switch only get out again). Now you can have command station with camps that will show what they will do.

Upgrade: Might upgrade it with a seperate block that act like a 2nd core, that even can link a weapon system that can be used or even linked to a turrert 'base' to take over the turret core.

Second idea:
    Have a ingame voice chat system. Sounds easy, hard to make....
    Idea, have 2 systems...
    A radio system, and a 'onboard' voice chat.

System 1: You need a radio controller, and modules/attena's. The number of modules extends the range of transmission/voicechat. If you have eneugh modules to hear somebody they can hear you as well, so small shuttles with single/none modules can hear a larger base system and transmit to them as well (more modules can hear weaker signals).

System 2: Onboard, have a system where you have 'communication blocks/module' and a controller as well. But as people are out on your ship/station they hear all but need to go to a module to speak back. And the person in the controller block will have the item on the hotbar.

The 2 system combined will open up fleet comunications with loads of roleplay. Even relay stations/commandships will be build to relay msg's to other faction/public members.

And i think the first idea is easy to implement and will add some nice RP and function as well.