I would love some help with this...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So lately I have been trying to play the newest update to the game, and have been getting this Error:

JVM Crash detected, possible cause, graphics driver.

I have updated Java to the most recent version, and my graphics card (Intel(R) HD Graphics Family) Is up to date according to my device manager, so what is wrong?

I have played the game before in earlier versions with no trouble as well, so it isn't my computer hardware not being able to take it (I can run skype, League of Legends, Google Chrome, a task manager, have rotating backround images, and goof off in microsoft paint with this thing barely breaking a sweat if you want an example)

What am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    It hates intel graphic cards.

The only thing you can do is either not use it, or get a not intel graphics card

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So how do I not use the card? I can\'t exactly take it out of the computer (That would wreck the warrenty...)

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Unless your computer is a notebook, it will have 2 video outputs, one from the mainboard, and one from the graphics card, just switch to the mainboard output, and deactivate the drivers for the graphics card, that should do it.

If you use a laptop, the graphics card is likely integrated in your mainboard, making it indeactivatable.

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The Intel graphics are the mainboard output. They don\'t make graphics cards.

Reaction score
    Make sure it\'s 64 bit java. Seriously...it won\'t be obvious, but make it happen, and it should work.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The Device Manager sometimes lies about drivers. Check the manufacturer website, and make sure it actually is the right driver.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If it happens in both single and multiplayer don\'t\' worry about resetting universe, but for single player every so often if I change settings I have to reset the universe to play.

Other than that, change the VBO bulk mode to both on and off, see if that changes it. Just try each, and if it still doesn\'t work both ways, then change the number of Mb. For me 4 works, but anything else makes it crash. Well I haven\'t tried EVERY other number, but all of the others I tried made it crash. (was trying to change them so that I could squeeze a bit more fps into my gameplay)

And guys, he played before and it worked on another version. So his driver for his card isn\'t (or shouldn\'t be) the actual cause. It could be related to the card itself but shouldn\'t be the driver.

And just saying, Intel graphix cards have problems with TONS of games. This thing has given me so many problems..... its not just Star-Made. I feel like Intels cards just suck, and are the cheapest things that function well enough to make most customers happy that they can ship out.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    http://star-made.org/content/intelr-hd-graphics-family-full-fix

worked for most intel problems.

If not please report back, thanks.

- Andy