I played with block editor and now starmade wont launch

Reaction score
    So I was seeing block editor and what it could do so I added dirt in a shop... Now there is an error messsage saying this:
    "ElementParserException: Grey Hull: Element Info ResourceInjection not found. location: Block"

So how do I fix this?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Looks like you damaged some entry of the grey hull.

In case you only played around with the editor, and didn't do actual setting up.

Place the attached file 'unzipped' as BlockConfig.xml in your:
    /StarMade/data/config
    directory.

If you were actually changing content, and want to keep it, without loosing the other work:

Use this (takes some time to load) and add the content of your
    /StarMade/data/config/BlockConfig.xml
    into the box on the right, and hit "Find Difference" it will show all changes you made in 'green' on that side.
    You can examine the differences and something that went wrong with the gray hull should jump in your eye. =)

- Andy

Attachments

Reaction score
    Is there a secret to using the block editor? I had that issue earlier when I tried creating a wedge version of the Varat Crystal.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So I was seeing block editor and what it could do so I added dirt in a shop... Now there is an error messsage saying this:
    "ElementParserException: Grey Hull: Element Info ResourceInjection not found. location: Block"

So how do I fix this?
    If you just upload a copy of your BlockTypes.properties file and your BlockConfig.xml I will try to have a look through them and spot where you went wrong :)

Is there a secret to using the block editor? I had that issue earlier when I tried creating a wedge version of the Varat Crystal.
    Yes, dont use the block editor ;) Editing the raw files with notepad++ is by far superior to the in-built block editor.
    Take a look at:
    starmade\data\config\BlockTypes.properties (this contains ID names and the id's associated with the ID names)
    starmade\data\config\BlockConfig.xml (this contains all the block data that is used for each ID name)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hmm, then the block editor needs to be fixed soon. That's too good a feature to just leave broken like that...