I have found the answer to the Big ship vs. Small ship Debate!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But if you think about it, the bubble generator would make smaller turrets usable, and stop the mass spamming of shield and power blocks in a big ship so that it would become practically invincible. It would also get rid of the (Borg)cube ships of just sheilds, power, and weapons. The big generators would still make it worthwhile to have a large ship, and it would allow for corridors to exist. Perhaps you set the systems up in such a way as to make them able to critically fail when faced against a massive enough fleet of fighters.

People should not be upset that their tiny fighters get blown out of the sky by a huge ship, but the turrets/big ships need to not be able to target the fighters aseffectively. Make Carriers have an actual purpose. Make it so that engine rooms are needed. So that power generators and secondaries are needed. and Bubble shields are a MUST for ships with turrets. Either that or shared shields and power.

Reaction score
    if that happened i would dislike the game im just saying big ships should be invincible against the small fighters

Reaction score
    yeahhh.. sure, and break the server at the same time, besides, they are slow, so unless your \"fighter\" weighs like 1K mass or more, that isn\'t going to happen, besides, even if someone used it on a big ship, they would have to get close, and that won\'t work cause you will not punch far into the hull cause of the missiles hitting so close in timing together it would still take time, more time than AMCs, only would be benificial to fighters. and if it reallly bothers you, just make it so you can only place one, like cores are.

Reaction score
    You say you\'ll hunt down cube makers, what about a legit borg cube, and I don\'t mean the term people decided to use for stupid ships that are just big blocks of systems. You know, one of these tinyurl.com/kwjfknb Have a gander at all those bevels and interesting shapes, would you be mad at someone with that? Also keeping in mind that an actual borg cube has an interior that is much more interesting than \"here is the door, here is my cockpit, thats it.\" google \"borg cube interior\" if you don\'t believe me.

On the main topic here, I personally am a believer that an organized group of ships smaller than a titan will beat a titan with no back up, if that titan is the flagship of a fleet, even one made of drones, then you\'ll need an equally large fleet to beat it.

Reaction score
    Sure I read it. However, turrets alone will not eliminate all fighter oposition. They might thin enemy numbers, but there will be enough that get through to damage your titan, even if it is well-piloted. Even worse, what if all those small craft were equipped with JAMMERS!!! Fighters would pick off the turrets, then gut you. It might take forever, but you would still be doomed. So pretty much, as long as said fighters are at least decently well-piloted and decently well-built, no singular titan would have a chance.

I assume that\'s the argument that was ignored?

Reaction score
    take it down but would most likely be deystroyed and personally i hate radar jamms and such they are the mark of cowardice in most cases \"hey i have a strong ship i beat abunch of enemies\" *other guy* \"did you use radr jamm\" \"yes\" \"doesnt count you used cheap bullsh*t tactics\"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    lol@ all the people in this topic thinking \"tactics\" \"skill\" \"strategy\" are a thing on this game... there is no avoiding the gunfire of a well-turreted ship in space that has constant firing arcs (unless of course your ship has cloak and radar jam0. the closest you can get to skill is just building your ship for best combat performance and know how to move your mouse to aim. other than that the only deciding factor is server lag and if the other guys ship is poorly built or not. its quite simple. whoever is flying the better ship is 90% of the time going to be the winner. thats the way the game works and thats why its called \"StarMade\" not \"StarStrategy\". the only real \"tactic\" or \"strategy\" for winning is to build the best ship you can and constantly be alert of your surroundings.

a long turret range is best for taking out enemies because its very difficult for them to flee a force like that. not to mention you get in the first shot before they can even get close enough to fire. stop building your ships with dozens of tiny weak turrets that do only one or two thousand damage per second each. build several big turrets that do min 800 dmg and have min 1.5km range and you\'ll survive much better

Reaction score
    A tiny ship should totally be able to destroy an entire supercapital!

Reaction score
    What if. Instead of nerfing the ships, we implement multi directional shields, like in star trek. \"Forwards shields are at 72% Captain... Sir, we just lost our Starboard shields, 15 seconds till they are back online.\" \"Sir! A boarding party is entering the ship through the Starboard Docking bay\". \"All hands, intruder alert!\"

Then we could have a use for all our mechs

Reaction score
    Not to mention a small ship can then fly in and attack the titan from the inside

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This actually isn\'t a bad idea. We could also steer more shield power to parts of the ships which may be handy.

Reaction score
    WE GET FLAK CANNONS! Now big ships w/ tons of turrets will have an even easier time killing tiny ships! But seriously, more weapon choices will make for a much needed improvement on combat in my opinion (and the freespace fan in me is rejoicing with the advent of proper beam cannons). Now we need some sort of way to see the status of our entire ship during battle w/o having to freecam in build mode

Reaction score
    Tactics in this game for me = good teamwork + good, well thought out builds... I agree that one on one fights have little in the way of tactics, but in a battle between fleets, there\'s definitely a good amount of things that you can do to take advantage of a battle.