I don't like the idea of FTL

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    i dont think that would be a bug.. think of it this way it cost alot of energy to make a stable wormhole
    therefore it uses all that energy to let a small ship go threw

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Jump could be 16 sectors but I think energy cost should be dependent on distance.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Jump could be 16 sectors but I think energy cost should be dependent on distance.
    Agreed... Either that, or jump drive module count (which would come with both added energy cost AND added mass.)

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    But it doesn't contribute to actual gameplay. I like Zanaten's post, even if he agrees with me because it was quite well thought out and mature. I don't see why you need jumpgates to set up trading routes. If you want some trade, you need people to actually have some motivation to trade - there's nothing to do with the method of transportation. And with FTL, you're more likely to skip past all those decent looking sectors.

And it is a gameplay choice, I know. But I wanted to say why I don't like it.

Reaction score
    Snk, think of it like this. Not everyone enjoys the down time of sitting there and watching the stars. You're from an RP server where there are both combatants and non-combatants. There are yachts, freighters, and warships. A warship captain wouldn't want to spend 5 minutes going from their homebase to defend another outpost when they're 8 sectors away (each sector being 4 km on Tethys/Ragnarok). You typically make push engines instead of the usual thrusters because you enjoy the leisure of the game, while others might not want to deal with the long distances. A faction can now set up a long distance out and still be connected with the rest of the server/galaxy without having to spend hours in flight alone. It allows for the fighting aspect of the game to have a new tactic for ambushes, not just using radar jamming and the extremely power draining cloaking, but the ability to set up ambushes at a moments notice

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I don't see why you need jumpgates to set up trading routes. If you want some trade, you need people to actually have some motivation to trade - there's nothing to do with the method of transportation. And with FTL, you're more likely to skip past all those decent looking sectors.
    I disagree that people say trade routes are nonexistent without FTL. That's wrong. There CAN be trade, but people have to put an unnecessary amount of effort in the travelling. More than it's worth.
    Now, warpgates would allow for fixed locations that bring you to another fixed location. This reduces travel time, and increases the amount of people willing to trade. It would also make for viable ambush locations. And the most important part about this, is that people use a fixed route which is not hard to find at all, increasing player interaction in both trade, robbery, etc. Because currently, everyone just flies in a straight line to another's base unless there's a sun in the way.

I like Zanaten's post, even if he agrees with me because it was quite well thought out and mature.
    Almost all posts on this place were well thought out and very mature. Though I can't say the same for the OP. You started complaining about something you had only heard of and not even seen, hell, you hadn't even tried it out. And I bet you still haven't.
    It's like saying, "This food tastes yuck", even though you've never even touched it before.