Hyperflux Superships! (Ship Racing)

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    "No cubes! The racer must resemble a vehicle that could race in an atmospheric environment."
    I am afraid, dagger shapes will be kinda frequent in the smaller classes- however, in bigger classes I expect more shapez.

Reaction score
    "No cubes! The racer must resemble a vehicle that could race in an atmospheric environment."
    I am afraid, dagger shapes will be kinda frequent in the smaller classes- however, in bigger classes I expect more shapez.
    Interesting, has this been in the op the whole time? :eek:

Anyway. I intended to introduce pod racing to StarMade when effects where still experimental several months ago, but since anti-gravity never really worked I ditched the idea. I therefore am happy that we have this as an alternative.

If I can find the time, I'll join the party.

Reaction score
    Why are the Width and Height rules so different? Pretty much forces you to make a dagger-shaped ship... :/
    Look at the checkpoint rings that the OP posted; do you expect to fit a wide ship through that? I also assume he wants to create a standardized format for the raceships, similarly to how formula one cars have to follow specific guidelines and size requirements.

Reaction score
    It'd be fine if it was wide as it was tall?
    Sure, but only if those dimensions are small enough; if you were to build a ship that is, say, 30 wide and 15 long instead of vice versa, then you would can a dreadfully difficult time fitting the ship through the ring. the smaller the profile of the ship, the easier time you will have threading it through the checkpoint.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Keep in mind that the checkpoint I have posted is the smallest one that will be used, it will also only be used on the more technical courses.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Are extra turret extenders allowed for cosmetics? The turret on my ship requires two extenders in the z axis because of the decorative hull it's comprised of. There's only 9 system blocks in it...... I personally think that a system block limit would be better.

Keep in mind that I'm actually nerfing my turret by doing so since it has a reduced turn speed.

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Vroom Vroom! Testing out the small checkpoint rings!
    I like these. Will the animate with logic if you fly through?

http://starmadedock.net/content/puddle-jumper-fat.1238/

It currently has damaging missile weapons (dumb fire)

But it would be pretty easy to switch jump drives or some power modules (required for charging and perma-jam) with slaves and effects.
    Can it fly in atmosphere? YES, watch StarGate :p

17x 8y 21z
    Microcoil is limited at 15x 8y 30z.
    While length is only 2/3 of allowed, width has to be cut a bit, but it will not be a big problem as you see in the picture.
    * It also includes some decorative parts and systems are hidden in a double-floor/wall/ceiling especially in corners between wall and floor and aside the separation door between cockpit and cargo area.
    * The interior is 3..4 m high and behind the camera there are a few power-supply (originally for gates which don't drain power while active) and 4 salvage beams which can also be replaced with systems..

Will this >shape< be allowed or considered too cubish?

BTW: it is realeased under the terms of the WTFPL. The do-what-you-fuck-you-want license.

Some more questions I have:

1. Why do you not post ship rules just once and only differences to that generic rules in the ship-class spoilers - would be faster to read... You could also only list differences to the default config.

2. Is jumping allowed? Will races be multi-sector?

3. How big can on-board weapons be? I would put backward-firing turrets with push and forward-firing (or on-board) with pull on bigger ships and a large weapon array might be op compared to similar sized vessels with less weapons.

4. Are dumb-fire NOT allowed? I know they are missiles, but not tracking ones which are slower than cannons and even can be shot down in recent versions.

5. I'd like a class with 2 weapon masters allowed - for firing forward and at chasing enemies.

6. Are Missile-SLAVES allowed? The projectile type will not be a missile.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a rapid fire cannon with 100% emp but there is a problem emp doesn't effect ships with shield

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Introducing the Triten midflux racer!

100% overdrive, 3:1 thrust weight ratio (I'll admit that I sacrificed some of that for aesthetics) and a long range EMP beam turret! Here's the download link (wasn't yet approved at the time of this post):

http://starmadedock.net/content/triten.1608/

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Alright I'm joining in.

Here is the Lombax Microcoil racer.

This is build is most for the aesthetics and Im terrible at systems so I probably wont win.
    This ship is a racer edition therefore it will not be armed.

The overdrive will be used as a boost and this is visible by that it slowly eats the power.

Stats:
    Overdrive 78,5%
    85,4 mass
    Lenght: 29m
    Height: 8m
    Thrust: 254,8
    Width:13m
    Shield: 527

The systems sucks I know. I need to learn how to make them properly.

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There's one racing ship I built for the race with Skylord (which never happened). I think it should qualify for the microcoil cathegory, but I'll have to check its stats.

Reaction score
    I present to you the JSL-class racer. Built for pure speed it's literally a cockpit with the engines of a corvette slapped on it. Its size fits barely into the parameters for the smallest class, and with its 4:1 thrust/mass ratio, supported by over 40% overdrive, this is the view other contestants will have:
    starmade-screenshot-0036.jpeg
    Yes, it's inspired by a BTL Y-wing.
    starmade-screenshot-0035.jpeg

Also, did you guys notice how well thought-out that speed limit is? It forces you to find the right balance between speed and acceleration. Considering different types of tracks there is no universal race ship, since sometimes you would go for turning/acceleration, and sometimes for speed.

Reactions: Zeno9141

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I would be using push passives to increase my acceleration significantly, except for the problem that they force you back down to the normal speed limit, even when you're using Overdrive. :u

Reaction score
    I would be using push passives to increase my acceleration significantly, except for the problem that they force you back down to the normal speed limit, even when you're using Overdrive. :u
    Also, with push being subject to change I'm a bit reluctant to consider it at all. :/