Huge graphic glitch in laptop

Reaction score
    http://oi62.tinypic.com/2h7qdyp.jpg

As you can see here, there is some sort of big graphic error going on. My laptop has a i5, 4gb RAM, and a GT540M with updated drivers. It easily runs games like Battlefield 3 and so on.

For some reason this glitch is happening. Please help, would like to play today.

Ive tried everything, disabling bloom, bumpmapping, background image, lights casted to 16, no anisotropic filtering or antialiasing.. I dont know, I think I tried everything in advanced options.

Im sure im using the nvidia card and not the shitty integrated intel one, I even forced it to use it globally plus my laptop has a led that turns on when using the nvidia GPU.

It all seems to be coming from a single point. When I look around it flickers and it gets increasingly fucked up.

What is going on on here?

PS: Its the same this guy is having here (scroll down for pics)

http://starmadedock.net/threads/graphical-errors-everywhere.4845/

Reaction score
    Omg help please.
    I want to play with friends tonight.
    No one has an idea how to fix this?

I tried disabling "threaded optimization" in nvidia control panel which was a way to fix graphical glitches in Minecraft, but same is happening.
    Well when I turn off VBO bulk mode I get this http://puu.sh/dAEui/e874537909.jpg
    but the first glitch dissapears.
    Still unplayable.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would try redownloading the last update in the launcher to see if that helps. It fixes bugs for me sometimes.

Reaction score
    Downgraded to old drivers just in case, same happened.
    I hope its not my GPU being damaged or something. It doesnt make sense tho, the rest of the games i have run great, and other people are having the same glitch as well only in SM.

Also be sure to move a bit before you call it a day. When I spawn I dont see the huge glitch, as I move a bit I see it.

Tried running the game with Intel graphic card and as expected fps is poor plus it also has a graphical glitchs where some blocks were invisible.

I guess i'll not be able to play SM for now :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It looks like an issue with heat/drivers/throttling. Get MSI Afterburner and enable the On Screen Display - make sure GPU temps are shown. If it runs hot, underclock your GPU, or force fan speeds to 100% to keep it cool.

Reaction score
    It looks like an issue with heat/drivers/throttling. Get MSI Afterburner and enable the On Screen Display - make sure GPU temps are shown. If it runs hot, underclock your GPU, or force fan speeds to 100% to keep it cool.
    Good idea will try later.
    Does Afterburner allow you to set the fan at 100% or you need Speedfan or something like that?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Please make sure VBO is enabled and you did not use options on the game that exceed your video memory.

Or a good try would be:
    Remove settings.cfg from your game folder to make all options revert to default.
    (I have seen this all lines seem to be errored toward a center point already, I think it was one of the video options causing it in rare cases or something with video memory.)

Try reducing the texture pack resolution, disable procedural background and also disable shadows.

- Andy

Reaction score
    I have tried everything at the lowest possible and same happens. Yes VBO enabled at 4. GPU temp at 40 in windows and 60-64 with starmade on which is normal temps. I have no idea why this is happening.

Reaction score
    Try updating you CPU's graphics drivers. I had an almost identical problem, and that fixed it.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Does your graphicsinfo.txt in logs directory state its using the intel hd card?

If yes add "javaw.exe" to the programs that have to run with GPU in nvidia control center.
    Had a similar issue on my notebook when first playing starmade on it.

- Andy