HowTo build a ship in the new dev build

Reaction score
    I think stabilizers might be making ships to long? with its current settings? but again my thinking goes back full circle. How big is big. What is small, what is middle ground. How much of what can i get. Soo many questions...

p.s If no one has figured this out. I am a person of logistics, and scalability, reliability and strategic thinking/planning.
    I was full of hope and optimism. I tried to make it work. It doesn't. It's shit.

The problem isn't "how big is big". The problem is that for any ship that isn't a tiny beginner ship you're forced to have a massive amount of unused space that you can't be used for anything at all.

I put massive 150*150*75 holes into both sides of the ship (reserved for "modular internal expansion bays"), I built a huge cargo area inside, and a large park (with grass and trees inside the ship), and a hospital, and crew quarters, and passageways and ramps so you can walk around the interior without using teleporters. I tried filling space with extra reactors and extra chambers ("ship modes") and that barely scratched the surface. I tried filling it with thrusters and shields (the power consumption makes it impossible).

After all of this; there was still vast gaping cavities of pointless wasted empty space. I ran out of ideas. The only thing large enough to fill the "infinite void" ship interior is disappointment.

Now I'm looking for a config option so I can nerf the idiocy between reactor and stabilisers back to about a quarter of what it is now. If I find one I still don't think it will actually fix the problem (there'd still be a lot of "nooks and crannies" between areas and systems that can't be filled with anything useful without ruining "integrity" for somethig).

Reactions: FlyingDebris

Daro_Khan

Bearer of Truths
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was full of hope and optimism. I tried to make it work. It doesn't. It's shit.

The problem isn't "how big is big". The problem is that for any ship that isn't a tiny beginner ship you're forced to have a massive amount of unused space that you can't be used for anything at all.

I put massive 150*150*75 holes into both sides of the ship (reserved for "modular internal expansion bays"), I built a huge cargo area inside, and a large park (with grass and trees inside the ship), and a hospital, and crew quarters, and passageways and ramps so you can walk around the interior without using teleporters. I tried filling space with extra reactors and extra chambers ("ship modes") and that barely scratched the surface. I tried filling it with thrusters and shields (the power consumption makes it impossible).

After all of this; there was still vast gaping cavities of pointless wasted empty space. I ran out of ideas. The only thing large enough to fill the "infinite void" ship interior is disappointment.

Now I'm looking for a config option so I can nerf the idiocy between reactor and stabilisers back to about a quarter of what it is now. If I find one I still don't think it will actually fix the problem (there'd still be a lot of "nooks and crannies" between areas and systems that can't be filled with anything useful without ruining "integrity" for somethig).
    and if you bring the stabs in closer? you lose to much power to run what you have? even when trying to fill the space in with stabs/reactors?
    hmmm, am still thinking that its not meant to always be at 100% efficiency every time. shrugs

I dont have time to do all the testing right now without the weapons update. I need that part to make up my mind

Reaction score
    and if you bring the stabs in closer? you lose to much power to run what you have? even when trying to fill the space in with stabs/reactors?
    hmmm, am still thinking that its not meant to always be at 100% efficiency every time. shrugs

I dont have time to do all the testing right now without the weapons update. I need that part to make up my mind
    My stabilisers were at the "50% efficiency" distance.

Maybe I could fill all the empty space with stabilisers if I put them at the "0% efficiency" distance.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Stabilizers need a rework.

But it gets easier on big ships because you don't need the volume only the area to be covered.
    And there are no issues for small ships.

I think the new meta could be HUMAN STATUES as ships.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    They are more meta than ships with advanced armor: at least their aesthetics pwns.