How to report a bug

Reaction score
    Fix for Intel-Video-Cards:
    Hiya! I happen to have a similar issue involving my StarMade. It reaches 100% loading and then crashes. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card running on Windows 8.1 x64. I did a driver update and a manual java update.
    I also ran this 'Diagnostic Tool*' for StarMade and it said as long as my graphics card ran OpenGL 2.1 or better I should be ready to go. But alas, I still get this crash.

http://starmadedock.net/threads/diagnostic-tool-starmade-system-checker.183/

Any ideas?

Reaction score
    You're strengthening my suspicion that Intel graphics AND Windows 8(.1) isn't such a good combination. Apart from that: This is still not the thread for this.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You're strengthening my suspicion that Intel graphics AND Windows 8(.1) isn't such a good combination. Apart from that: This is still not the thread for this.
    I have an Intel Family Graphics card with Windows 8.1 and it works with no problems (Maybe a small lag spike now and again, but that's my RAM doing that)

The one that doesn't work is Windows 8(not .1) with Starmade.

Reaction score
    Hiya! I happen to have a similar issue involving my StarMade. It reaches 100% loading and then crashes. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card running on Windows 8.1 x64. I did a driver update and a manual java update.
    I also ran this 'Diagnostic Tool*' for StarMade and it said as long as my graphics card ran OpenGL 2.1 or better I should be ready to go. But alas, I still get this crash.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
    :O
    So uhh, having old versions of Java...that are hiding underneath your updated version. Apparently they explode and nuke your StarMade!
    A friend of mine helped me figure it out! It works! And I apologize for posting in the 'wrong area'
    I'm a scrub to forums XD

Reaction score
    Fix for Intel-Video-Cards:
    Step by step, I did this (several times), and afterwards it said that the driver wasn't compatible with my computer (yes I know how to click a button, so I'm pretty sure I entered the information correctly)... so umm yeah, I've tried every solution given and spent several hours trying to solve this problem through Google, HP, and Intel. Still though, I am completely unable to play Starmade whatsoever :/ All I need is a link, and a simple step by step list that actually works, but apparently this is too much to ask for. So yeah, any help that actually, well, helps would be very useful.
    (Windows 8, 64 bit, Intel HD Graphics 4600) As far as I can tell, it is fully updated, and if there are any updates for it, they don't work. It is starting to seem more like the game's fault rather than my own, for I have done everything and it is still refusing to work. Is there even a reason this game doesn't work on these certain graphics cards anyways? I've literally never had this problem with any other game...
    As you can imagine I am quite frustrated, so sorry if I come off as a bit rude.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Step by step, I did this (several times), and afterwards it said that the driver wasn't compatible with my computer (yes I know how to click a button, so I'm pretty sure I entered the information correctly)... so umm yeah, I've tried every solution given and spent several hours trying to solve this problem through Google, HP, and Intel. Still though, I am completely unable to play Starmade whatsoever :/ All I need is a link, and a simple step by step list that actually works, but apparently this is too much to ask for. So yeah, any help that actually, well, helps would be very useful.
    (Windows 8, 64 bit, Intel HD Graphics 4600) As far as I can tell, it is fully updated, and if there are any updates for it, they don't work. It is starting to seem more like the game's fault rather than my own, for I have done everything and it is still refusing to work. Is there even a reason this game doesn't work on these certain graphics cards anyways? I've literally never had this problem with any other game...
    As you can imagine I am quite frustrated, so sorry if I come off as a bit rude.
    Update to 8.1 if you haven't. The errors in the Windows 8 operating system caused this issue for me too. I had an intel graphics with regular 8 and it would only play very old versions...

Reaction score
    Update to 8.1 if you haven't. The errors in the Windows 8 operating system caused this issue for me too. I had an intel graphics with regular 8 and it would only play very old versions...
    I was considering this as it is the only thing I haven't tried, it's just that updating it will be such a pain and I couldn't be bothered to lol. I guess I will though, and hopefully it'll solve my problem. Stay tuned for more on this epic journey through the interwebs... :/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I was considering this as it is the only thing I haven't tried, it's just that updating it will be such a pain and I couldn't be bothered to lol. I guess I will though, and hopefully it'll solve my problem. Stay tuned for more on this epic journey through the interwebs... :/
    just a warning, you have to run Minecraft, League of Legends, and a few other games in Windows 8 Compatibility mode because Microsoft messed up mouses......

Reaction score
    Well, it worked :D I can now play starmade!
    However it seems that everything comes with a price, and as such it appears that AVG is not compatible with Windows 8.1 ....
    Goodbye AVG... I'll never forget you... *cry
    Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.
    (P.S. I would have posted this earlier.... but I was busy playing Starmade xD)

Reaction score
    10525866_10152429310836461_898326693171672399_n.jpg every time I try to launch the game and log in this is what I keep getting and iv not a clue on how to sort this at all not even the other Error report will work so I got fed up and just took a photo of one of the 2 Errors via my mobile phone and here's the Error photo.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    OK managed to grab a quick photo of the other Error. I need my Starmade fix going crazy without. The game was working just fine lastnight apart from sever strange lag spikes but the starmade tool checked out my pc's build and said it was fine to run the game and now when I try to log into the game to play it wont work just keep getting both those Errors. IM going CRAZY
    10489978_10152429344201461_6823063898675908782_n.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Starmade System Checker Report
    14/07/2014
    0:16:16.14

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows 7 32-bit ....PASS
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Graphics Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 ....PASS
    Java version: 32-bit Java 7 ....PASS

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    This is not the right place to add a report, but,
    the first one, maybe an error with the resolution you are trying to play with not being supported.
    Try to enable or disable 'full screen' in that.

For the second error for 'already logged in' means:
    Your last attempt to connect is still 'in progress' on the server or you disconnected an the server didn't see it yet (not quitting with 'exit' button in game), just wait a few seconds and it should work again.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This thread appears to be out of date.
    The new tracker is at

http://phab.starma.de/

Time this thread was updated.
    Correct information shown and then locked to stop posting.
    Shouldn't this just be an information guide only???

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    This thread appears to be out of date.
    The new tracker is at

http://phab.starma.de/

Time this thread was updated.
    Correct information shown and then locked to stop posting.
    Shouldn't this just be an information guide only???
    Sort of,
    we will update it, when the tracker gets his official announcement.

- Andy

Reactions: RandomEvent
    Reaction score
    Fix for: No Sound [LINUX]
    Question?
    In the command line that is provided to fix the linux sound issue, the (/path/to/StarMade). do I have to insert the directory path to the file for my personal system? I can't simply copy/paste. right?
    I am a total nub to linux terminal.

AndyP

Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, that needs to be adjusted to fit your personal installation path.

usually:
    /home/<yourloginname>/starmade
    but you have to check that manually.

- Andy

Reaction score
    There are the location to upload the SM error.log file?
    I have some sound error, i can play without sound after the notice from the game at startscreen.

I have add the Logfile here

Attachments

Last edited: