how to lower the amount of pirates

Reaction score
    I am constantly being attacked and I cant do anything so how do I lower the amount of pirates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You could try taking out all of the pirate stations in the sectors around you. They do spawn less when there are no pirate stations nearby.

Do you have spawn sector protection set to true in the server.cfg? They will not attack at spawn if it is. Also, you are safe while the "Shop in Range" icon appears top of the screen.

Reaction score
    You could try taking out all of the pirate stations in the sectors around you. They do spawn less when there are no pirate stations nearby.

Do you have spawn sector protection set to true in the server.cfg? They will not attack at spawn if it is. Also, you are safe while the "Shop in Range" icon appears top of the screen.
    ok but isn't there a way to permanently get rid of pirates

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    you want to permanently get rid of pirates why? you could part the game on peaceful

Reaction score
    you want to permanently get rid of pirates why? you could part the game on peaceful
    well I want to lower the amount of pirates but I want to get rid of them for a little bit so I can get set up with a base and some ships

Reaction score
    As for now this is not possible. However you can add single cores to the blueprint catalog and enable enemy spawning. That would make pirates easier to fight.

//EDIT
    Yep increasing SIMULATION_SPAWN_DELAY in your server.cfg will at least reduce the frequency. However waves will be as strong as before, but it's a good start ;-)

Best regards
    Seoson

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    You can also go through the catalog list as the admin and makes sure every ship in the list is not enemy usable which leaves them nothing to spawn in with.

Reaction score
    Home again! OP, try raising the value of the following setting:
    Code:
    SIMULATION_SPAWN_DELAY = 420

Reaction score
    well I want to lower the amount of pirates but I want to get rid of them for a little bit so I can get set up with a base and some ships
    create a space station (or find a planet) and put a shop on it and faction block on it that is set to make it your faction home base so that your shop won't be destroyed and then you can start working on your station/base from there

Reaction score
    have you tried admin commands? you can use "/sector_chmod x y z + peace" where {x y z} is the sector you're in, and no hostile mobs will spawn there. also you can use " /invisibilty_mode @ true" , where @ = your name, that will deter pirtaes from attacking you.

Reactions: Unnamed25