How to free your sector from faction ships ramming all your stuff?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Basically question in the title it is my build system i didn't bother to ever claim it how to remove a faction from my system? I am admin so what are the steps?

Reactions: Shadow2Lead

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well long route is to just delete all their stations and ships. Should force an abandon system.

Reaction score
    Have you tried the last command on this list? :-p You could remove the faction completely, claim your system, and then respawn them if, when, and where desired.

~ /npc_spawn_faction
    Spawning an NPC faction yourself using the ones in the npcFactions folder.

~ /npc_spawn_faction_pos_fixed
    Same as before with the ability to also set their home system.

~ /npc_remove_faction
    Removing any existing faction using their ID (visible in the Diplomacy menu)

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just destroy the faction's claim station... I think?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I've noticed that ships seem to hug stations while they trade with them or deposit resources. If getting rid of nearby factions doesn't stop the other ones I'd declare war so they leave you be.

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I've been told the best course of action is to simply admin warp to a non contested galaxy and then build there.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    You could export your sector and load it in else where like spooloni suggested.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    i tried destroying everything but the faction did not release it's grip on the system.
    I have a red station in my galaxymap in a sector that is empty.
    i gave up on waiting for the game to accept that this factions prsence is not wanted here and removed the entire faction.
    my faction blocks response to claiming the system was "cannot claim system faction permission denied"
    This needs fixing round.
    I've been told the best course of action is to simply admin warp to a non contested galaxy and then build there.
    You could export your sector and load it in else where like spooloni suggested.
    Not an option for i picked this system for it's background for recording purposes. - and i am also tired of constantly working around kinks, sorry to put it this way but state of the game is two steps forward one step back all the frickin time something else is broken

Last edited:

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    you could also set you server.cfg file up in a way that you liked. For my build-world I set the simulation to false, the universe day to -1, simulation turn to -1, factions to false, BP spawnable to false, etc.

I have been messing around with a separate install (thus seperate .cfg) to screw with the various factions configs. making them TOO virulent and able to Von-Neumann in the faction config can lead to problems with too-many-ships appearing and going Daedalus on a shop or something. When that happens I use the admin command in the blueprints menu. just wipe out all nonplayer ships in range

Reaction score
    Try this one from the Admin List

faction_check

• DESCRIPTION: checks sanity of factions (removes leftover/invalid factions)
    • PARAMETERS:
    • EXAMPLE: /faction_check

and if that still doesn't work, you could try using

faction_join_id
    • DESCRIPTION: joins a player to a faction with given id
    • PARAMETERS: PlayerName(String), factionID(Integer)
    • EXAMPLE: /faction_join_id schema 1001
    To join the faction you want booted just long enough to revoke the control of the system and then jump back into your own faction and claim the system.

There might be some other commands in the "Faction" part of the list I'm missing that might be able to help you.
    Admin Commands

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Thank you! Well i removed it plain and simple. What is bothering though is that this again feels like a flawed update just becase the fleets got anoying because of wanky ai behaviour...