Read by Council how to fix fighters vs big ships

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

Little ship vs. big ship.
    Which one was the winner in this little conflict?
    you obviously didnt understand the suggestion..
    the suggestion = multiple small ships wins from one big ship
    with teamwork you should be able to make holes in a big ship

I never suggested one ship takes down capital, not sure how you thought that
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455726501,1455726341][/DOUBLEPOST]
    it's more like a group of five year olds attacking a fully grown man. Sure he will be be able to take out quite a few but eventually the little rascals are gonna wear him down and then snap his shit up

Anyone saying they can't beat cap ships just don't know how to build them properly, point blank.
    thank you this methaphor describes perfectly what I meant with the suggestion
    one ship (toddler) cant take down a grown man (unless the grown man doesnt fight back, or the capital doesnt fight back)
    but a group of fighters, lets say 20-30 that all attack one spot (lets say the hangar door) should be able to blast into the ship

Reactions: Dire Venom
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is why warheads need to be useful ^_^
    You can currently make dumbfire manual torpedos with warheads on top, however they do toolittle damage and require a lot of effort to get them to hit making them useless in most cases.
    While servers can mod the warheads for greater damage I would love to see some changes to their mechanics so they become viable during conflict, e.g a swarm of bombers all launching manual torpedos at a larger ship.

As far as trolls go, its extremely difficult to hit any moving object aside form a giant captial ship with warheads thus I think its safe to buff them.
    If you leave your ship undocked and alone you can expect it to get stolen anyway.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    The concept of fighters being an actual threat does not deserve all the hate. (But haters gonna hate).

-World War two: torpedo bombers were such a threat that the aircraft carrier surpassed the battleship for dominance.
    -Modern jets continue to pose a threat to naval vessels.

IMO, the primary dynamic of fighters is that they punch out of their weight-class but remain fragile.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As a person who compulsively creates unreasonably huge ships for no particular reason, I'd love to see taking my ships down require a creative effort.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The concept of fighters being an actual threat does not deserve all the hate. (But haters gonna hate).

-World War two: torpedo bombers were such a threat that the aircraft carrier surpassed the battleship for dominance.
    -Modern jets continue to pose a threat to naval vessels.

IMO, the primary dynamic of fighters is that they punch out of their weight-class but remain fragile.
    Where's the rifle dinghy reference when you need it

Basically, aircraft and ships are inherently different. Big starships and small starships are inherently the same, aside from size. You should use small ships versus large ships as a better analogy. Take, for example, the Iranian speedboat flotillas. They're supposed to be able to take down a US carrier group. While this is laughable, it's vastly more accurate than fighters versus battleships.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Where's the rifle dinghy reference when you need it

Basically, aircraft and ships are inherently different. Big starships and small starships are inherently the same, aside from size. You should use small ships versus large ships as a better analogy. Take, for example, the Iranian speedboat flotillas. They're supposed to be able to take down a US carrier group. While this is laughable, it's vastly more accurate than fighters versus battleships.
    Fighters vs battleships is very spot on wwll planes of the day were very much fragile compared to a ship as far as smaller vs big ships goes one fighter should not be able to scratch the paint or out right destroy a larger ship unless it managed get inside the ship and went on to hit the core or a munitions magzine inside the ship as far as history goes look no further then these ships

Arizona
    Hood
    Queen mary
    Indefagitable

Groups should be the only way fighters and bombers would win out over a capital ship