How to fast travel at stations? Suggestions?

Council suggestion?

• Escalators!!!

Votes: 2 40.0%
    • Jetpacks!!!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've got a monorail setup in my latest big station, which is about 1 km long and will potentially be longer, trouble is that the monorail goes about as fast as you can walk, even with the rail speed controller set to max. Kind of pointless really, wish I could change the direction of shootout rails the same way you can with normal rails, tried this and my monorail car just flew off into space.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've got a monorail setup in my latest big station, which is about 1 km long and will potentially be longer, trouble is that the monorail goes about as fast as you can walk, even with the rail speed controller set to max. Kind of pointless really, wish I could change the direction of shootout rails the same way you can with normal rails, tried this and my monorail car just flew off into space.
    I'm using rail launchers for my lifts now. If you change the rail as the rail docker moves onto it, it doesn't shoot out.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That's actually a very nice little trick that would be useful in other ways as well.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Make two-way gravity tubes? All you need to do is have two tubes beside each other, one for each direction. I made copy/paste templates for mine, so it's easy to quickly place them in large numbers
    [DOUBLEPOST=1464113867,1464113639][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Rails functioning as an airport-style people-mover actually sounds like a really good idea. Someone make a suggestion topic for that...
    Unfortunately friction is non-existant in this game. So unless you align to the "mover" or get in its gravity, it'll just slip below you... I guess that it could be done by having area triggers with gravity and other stuff. I'll give it a try.