how thick is your ship?

Reaction score
    Usually I do 1 thick as well. The HP update will change that.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Usually I do 1 thick as well. The HP update will change that.
    Once the HP update hits and when it'll be possible to just repair the hull HP or shield HP as a whole (or whatever) with repair beams I might start using hull as a primary defense. Oh I can't wait >: D

Reactions: Ithirahad

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't use hull, because all of my ships are under 1000 mass and cloaked/jammed whith 100% overdrive at top speed while charging jump drive, so having that extra mass is detrimental in my case. To give you an idea, that is about 1.5 million e/s for just cloaking and jamming.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Use punch through effects that increase hull strength.

Reaction score
    Once the HP update hits and when it'll be possible to just repair the hull HP or shield HP as a whole (or whatever) with repair beams I might start using hull as a primary defense. Oh I can't wait >: D
    I forgot about repair beams. Holy Cow! They'll be useful!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Once again, the hp system isn't going to add an armor bar or anything that can be replenished by repair beams. It might add an hp bar for ships, but that won't prevent anyone from breaking blocks. It will just prevent people from destroying your ship while the hp bar isn't empty. And the only way to lower the hp bar would be to destroy blocks.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Once again, the hp system isn't going to add an armor bar or anything that can be replenished by repair beams. It might add an hp bar for ships, but that won't prevent anyone from breaking blocks. It will just prevent people from destroying your ship while the hp bar isn't empty. And the only way to lower the hp bar would be to destroy blocks.
    Repair beams are planned replace destroyed blocks with new blocks taken from an inventory, yes? Now you take that, dock a repair module in your ship and activate it with logic. Voila! Your ship is now regenerating on it's own!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Really? I thought we were going to get shipyards to place destroyed blocks again?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    funny how a shiled module benefits the ship more than a hardened hull, yet the hardened hull costs more