How much stuff can you stuff in your Stuffie until your Stuffie is stuffed?

How much stuff is in your stuffie?

• Dude, I'm broke. I don't have storage, everything I own is in my pockets.

Votes: 2 8.3%
    • A few thousand of any given block at most. I have to go mining any time I build something new.

Votes: 6 25.0%
    • Tens or hundreds of thousands. I'm pretty well set, I only have to mine when I start something big.

Votes: 7 29.2%
    • Millions. I've eaten entire star systems.

Votes: 6 25.0%
    • Hundreds of millions. I basically have an entire galaxy of resources sitting in storage.

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Personally the only terrain block I keep is the blue rock from red planets; it makes for great roads. Unless you count Threns (Carved Threns floors are bae) or maybe Chabaz (Used for Aethi road centerlines), but those are technically resources and not just terrain bits...
    Well I just know the day I throw out all my hoarded colored rock, the next day Bench will announce the micro-assembler will be able to recycle 100 of them into one of the same colored ore or some such, and I will be eternally cursing myself for trashing tens of millions of the things.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Well I just know the day I throw out all my hoarded colored rock, the next day Bench will announce the micro-assembler will be able to recycle 100 of them into one of the same colored ore or some such, and I will be eternally cursing myself for trashing tens of millions of the things.
    Fair enough. My solution to my stuffy being stuffed with stuff 'till my stuffy's stuffed with stuff is to dump all the stuff from my stuffy 'till the stuffy can hold enough stuff; yours is to stuff stuff in your stuffy 'till your stuffy's stuffed up with stuff and wait until there's stuff that can unstuff your stuffy so it's not stuffed with stuffy stuff. Both valid stratagies. :P

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hoarders: Starmade Edition

"Now Edy, do you really need 120 million purple rocks?"

Reaction score
    Fair enough. My solution to my stuffy being stuffed with stuff 'till my stuffy's stuffed with stuff is to dump all the stuff from my stuffy 'till the stuffy can hold enough stuff; yours is to stuff stuff in your stuffy 'till your stuffy's stuffed up with stuff and wait until there's stuff that can unstuff your stuffy so it's not stuffed with stuffy stuff. Both valid stratagies. :p
    Dr Seus would be proud!

Hoarders: Starmade Edition

"Now Edy, do you really need 120 million purple rocks?"
    Just build your own planet and stop stressing bro.
    Go build a dyson sphere around your entire sector or something ;)

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dr Seus would be proud!

Just build your own planet and stop stressing bro.
    Go build a dyson sphere around your entire sector or something ;)
    Heh, don't tempt me. :P

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm actually pretty surprised with the poll feedback.

It seems the average board goer has shockingly less stores than I would have thought.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    if I can fit a few hundred million of each type of ore in a 100x100x100 cargo crate, then I will be disappoint. What will be the point of cargo then if I can fit a couple million blocks in a small 5x5x5 or 10x10x10 space, will be able to drain a players ship/inventory with no problem on a fighter, not a freighter.

Also will a blocks mass change how many you can hold in a crate? Example: will I be able to fit more crystals+ore than advanced armor in the same amount of storage space?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1447370449,1447369957][/DOUBLEPOST]I expect that I will need 2-3 massive storage areas, as I should, an average system has 4 planets, and planets are made to be eaten....

once you get through your first 20 systems, things start to blur together.

Reaction score
    I'm actually pretty surprised with the poll feedback.

It seems the average board goer has shockingly less stores than I would have thought.
    Well I was the first "Dude, I'm broke" but to be fair I only play with myself....or by myself...or....ehhh whatever.

When I first started I played honest survival a bit, but being the game just "isn't there yet" and there haven't been any meaningful changes really to those aspects of the game that need playtesting I can't be arsed to bother with it right now. So all I've done for a while is design and test ships.

I think the cargo changes qualify though so really deserve a clean survival start to see how it impacts the game. No, I'm not saying you should all delete your servers and start over, although everyone should at least try to put in a little time on a side game so we can give them some good feedback.