• Total voters

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

OFFICIAL RYUKO MATOI THREAD HELL YEA

Hello there ! I decied to make a poll to know, how do you feel this game... if you take this game seriously, or just fly around trying to get the most beatufil feel of the space...

I think this poll may tell developers, how should they continue on Starmade, and what features should be added into game :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Chose serious, due to the mindset I go into the game with. I play the game very much like I played Galactic Civ II. With a bit of MC and Survival Game thrown into the mix. SO I assume when playing that I am A. Building a great Empire B. Designing things to aid in said empire. C. Interacting with players who may or may not want to ruin both A and B. But most likely may...

Due to C, I take A and B more seriously then I might otherwise. But I don't really like non-PvP just because it removes a layer of challenge and motivation.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Other: I use Starmade strictly for masturbatory purposes.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    How do I qualify StarMade?

StarMade allows me to express the three core attributes of my true nature in a way that is 'safe' for everyone involved.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    I chose other, to me Starmade is ideally a casual game where I get to float throug the void between galaxies on board a city ship filled with places that defy reason... somehow I ended up miticulously designing hyper efficient death machines instead.

Reaction score
    Most honestly, i have been dreaming of a space simulator, entirely open world, virtually infinite and unbounded game to play ever since i was a small kid... that's more than 20 years now...
    Now the wait is over, so i would say this is a rather "serious business" to me. (^_^)

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Other reason: I tend to use Starmade as an outlet for my creativity. The rail functions and logic system are a great way to create those machines you've always dreamed of! Faction warfare is really fun too, especially when roleplay is involved.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I just want to have fun

I do enough real work for real money, do not need my "fun" time to turn into a second job TYVM.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    I love how all over the place the answers are. Good thing we don't need to come to some kind of consensus on the "Right" way to play. As we can all have our cake and eat asteroids too!

The fact that so many of us have completely different views on the game, and the fact that the game Enables all of them to be valid, is IMO a testament to the "Sandbox" nature of the game and how well kept said sandbox is.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I approach the game on a day to day basis for how to play,some days it lets create something,then another day lets blowshit up!but in everything its a game and as such just great fun!

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Simply another step on the quest for more dakka. Perhaps, someday, I may even discover enough dakka. One can dream.....

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Simply another step on the quest for more dakka. Perhaps, someday, I may even discover enough dakka. One can dream.....
    There is no such thing as "enough" dakka.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is no such thing as "enough" dakka.
    So far, that seems to be the case. But I have hope that, if I keep on getting more dakka, then eventually, I may have enough. Or at least a good start.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    well sayerulz, You get "Enough" dakka when you simply can't be bothered to add more then you already have. It all comes down to how lazy you are.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I use starmade for all of the above and then some. Its been dead serious at some points during turmoil between factions. while being completely casual or fun at others simply hunting pirates or exploring other peoples creations. But above all. I love the freedom it allots to do as i please with very little limitation.
    The only thing in my mind to improve it would be to add RPG elements that would allow NPC's to offer you missions for money or ships or ranking within their faction..etc.
    Also have a much larger variety of stellar objects like nebula's and dying stars..etc to give you reason to explore.
    I really hope that they have the factions they're adding later on be at war with each other which would offer players the option to choose one side or the other, essentially forcing people to PvP if they want to do missions or rank up within those factions.
    Also to offer perks within those factions as you rank up through doing missions which offer even more perks.. like calling in a fleet to assist you or material perks..etc

Reaction score
    Wow, Omega, you just listed a large portion of the things on the list of planned features and FSM material a bunch of new and exciting ideas. Good job!
    (Sarcasm)