How do you manage your faction?

Reaction score
    Could someone please explain to me how the permission blocks work in detail and how to use them.

I started a faction on a new server and have a modest homebase. I want people to join but i don't know how to make sure they don't run off with other peoples stuff.

i want to use permission blocks to allow players to dock, walk around, use doors, spawns and gravity while not letting them build or undock ships that are not theirs (assuming the ships have a faction block)

also, just out of curiosity i was wondering how you fellow dictato- "leaders" run your slave cam- faction

Reaction score
    You don't use faction permission blocks for that. Public permission modules are what you use. You CAN, however, access the faction mods on all the ships and stations that you don't want the LR (Low ranks) touching, and set the permission level above the lower ranks.

You can also mess with ranks' permissions in your faction's mention.
    Then use faction permission modules for things that you want them to be able to access (Doors, factories, some storages).
    At least, I think you can use faction permission modules that way...If not, then use public permission modules instead.

To use permission blocks, you have to connect the permission block to whatever block it is you want accessible. (Could be master-slave or slave-master, I'm not sure which the permission block is. Never had to use it.)

Reaction score
    Build a part of your station as a half-room, open to space. Dock the other half of the room there, and edit its permissions with its faction block (it's a ship, btw) so that it can be used by whatever rank you want to be able to edit it.
    That's one rank's barracks, or one member's setup.
    Repeat as necessary. Keeps it all nicely set up. That way, the ship can contain cargo setups, and the station room half can contain a Plexundeathinator, factories, and a public/faction stationwide storage containing perhaps basic materials and blueprints or designs.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Standard permission blocks must be placed adjacent to the block they are governing. C-V linking is not required.
    I am not sure if this goes for Faction-permission blocks as well.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Grab a whip, start whipping if people dont listen to you, if that doesnt work then try cutting of toes, maybe legs they dont need those to fly anyway.

Reaction score
    But, Nauvran, what if there's foot pedals for something?

Oh wait, I know! Last punishment: Cranial drilling....while patient is conscious. Then insert neural interface/control device. They'll never argue again, and since they can fly ships with their minds, you can take off their arms too!

Reaction score
    Im lazy and like to have as less docked entities as possible. This helps other players with less powerful computers.

My base is split into 3 groups of controls, officers/members/public

Officers can edit the station, they can open any door and thus be able to get to the officer storage box which is behind a logic vault door that blocks access. Factory setup behind same door.

Members can open faction permission(FP) doors, can open a FP vault door to access there storage box. Factory setup behind same door.

Public has access to a small factory setup. No storage box as noone gives freebies anymore :(

As for ships, ive split the docks with colors so they auto feed resources to the required station storage, most players ships are personalised or rank required.