How do I increase weapon range

Reaction score
    I increased my single player server size to nearly x3 the standard size but my weapons do not reflect that increase in size. I remember reading that there was a way to increase weapon range but I could not find it in my server settings.

My question is how does one increase weapon ranges for all weapons?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Open the BlockBehaviourConfig (Found in Starmade -> Data -> Config)

You will be looking for 4 Areas in Particular; This is the first one
    -<Cannon>-<BasicValues><Damage>15</Damage><Distance>1000</Distance><Speed>5</Speed>
    <!-- In relation % to server max speed 1 = 100% -->
    <ReloadMs>3000</ReloadMs><PowerConsumption>150</PowerConsumption><AdditionalPowerConsumptionPerUnitMult>0.1</AdditionalPowerConsumptionPerUnitMult>
    <!-- Nerf based on amount of groups connected to the same controller: powerConsumption * (1+countGroups*thisValue); 0 tu turn off nerf-->
    </BasicValues>
    Which is then followed by 4 sections for the 4 slave systems, and then Missiles -> 4 slaves, -> Beams -> 4 slaves -> Pulse -> 4 slaves

You want to change the <Distance>A Number</Distance> Sections that are between <BasicValues>Words</BasicValues>

The Slave Systems just modify the Basic Values by a Percent, so Changing the Distance in Basic values to 2000 from 1000 will give all Cannon weapons 2x the Range.

.... This probably made little sense.

Reaction score
    It makes a lot of sense. It in short means that for every combination of master, save, and effect I have to modify the range of each manually.
    Now the real problem is making sure I get all combinations.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    No, It means you only have to change 4 Numbers; The Distance on the Basic Values.
    Effects and Slaves add a Modifier (Beam basically adds Range x2). You just have to find the Basic values set and Alter the Distance Value there.

Reaction score
    No, It means you only have to change 4 Numbers; The Distance on the Basic Values.
    Effects and Slaves add a Modifier (Beam basically adds Range x2). You just have to find the Basic values set and Alter the Distance Value there.
    I found out this was the case after opening the file and starting the modding.