How do I destroy empty cargo space block with no other blocks on station?

Reaction score
    I want to destroy my old station, and I destroyed everything except a few empty cargo space blocks. I can't see them, can't hit them with anything. There are no other blocks. Is there any way to destroy it?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    by calling an admin and deleting the station would be what i think is the only option here.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Add a build block and remove them in Advanced build mode.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    you cant place a build block if you cant find the invisible cargo spaces to place the build block on.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Ya, the build block is what you do avoid this predicament...may not help afterwards. Advanced build-mode symmetry mode removal is very fast and gives you your blocks back.

Shouldn't there still be a station block (Armor) that represents the 'core' of the station? Building onto this block should be possible and if it is gone, what are those cargo blocks attached to? Without a core most entities overheat and disappear over time.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    sample :

place down a station (one grey standard armor appers)
    place a build block on it
    enter build block and place on cargo space on it
    delete the armor block .. then the build block
    now the station consist only of the invisible cargo block .. without knowing where it is .. you cant stick a build block to them again
    (you could try to see that from another ships build mode of course)
    Stations do not have a core that has to be deleted as the last part

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Start a slow trawl through the system while in ship build mode and hope to see a green smudge.
    Nope just the sector it is in.

Yes a build block to unbuild a station or ship in cases like this is needed. In the case of a ship you always have the core but for a station you need a build block.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I would abandon the sector as it is now haunted by ghost-cubes. You may notice other symptoms like strange noises, nursery rhymes that are slightly out of tune, the airlock is always too cold, ectoplasm in the plasma-injectors, flies all over the screen-door, real-estate values plummet, Mike Oldfield on the phonograph (in Hell that would be on 8-track) and cats will jump out of lockers for no reason but a cheap scare.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    I didn't expect it to cause so long disussion...
    Anyway, it's already deleted using a command. Even when I knew where the block was I wasn't able to place anything on it or destroy it.

Reaction score
    Yeah----intangibility has its problems. There was a suggestion about unlinked cargo modules (No controlling computer) should always appear full, for decorative purposes. This would be another great use.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    by calling an admin and deleting the station would be what i think is the only option
    here.
    I would abandon the sector as it is now haunted by ghost-cubes. You may notice other symptoms like strange noises, nursery rhymes that are slightly out of tune, the airlock is always too cold, ectoplasm in the plasma-injectors, flies all over the screen-door, real-estate values plummet, Mike Oldfield on the phonograph (in Hell that would be on 8-track) and cats will jump out of lockers for no reason but a cheap scare.
    Annoy your enemies with it!
    Render territory near their stations useless forever!​

sample :

place down a station (one grey standard armor appers)
    place a build block on it
    enter build block and place on cargo space on it
    delete the armor block .. then the build block
    now the station consist only of the invisible cargo block .. without knowing where it is .. you cant stick a build block to them again
    (you could try to see that from another ships build mode of course)
    Stations do not have a core that has to be deleted as the last part
    lol
    Give stations a "core build-block" and annoy users?​

We need cargo goggles...
    I hope these are compatible with my night-vision goggles :)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Maybe you can pull up to the area in a pulse-pulse-explosive ship and just start blasting.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Don't forget to invert the polarity of the flux-capacitor and rotate the phase 90 degrees to the third harmonic of the tachyon field.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    And watch the stabilizers. You don't want those to melt or anything.

And the ion injection system is also good to watch---you never know when it's going to stop working.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    press F11 and look around. Pretty sure it shows all invisible blocks, turns glass opaque, etc.