How could I allocate more memory to Starmade?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For the last 2 months, i've not been able to play starmade, at first because of a crash on launch, and after a few updates, the game would actually launch but i get a "out of memory" message at 94% and, when in the game, none of the blocks render, making the game unplayable. I did not tried to fix it for long at that time, and went to play to something else, but today, looking at the new update, i tried to play it again, and the issue was still there. I was bored of playing other games, so i looked at the settings file to see if i could tweak stuff to make it work and then i found it : I reduced the block texture resolution down to 128 and it worked fine. So since the issue has been here since the new textures, i guess those are significantly heavier than the prevoius ones, and i can no longer run them at max resolution. But then, it looks quite bad in game.

I have 16 Go of RAM, and i seem to be the only one with this issue, so i suppose it comes from some problem in the allocation of memory to the game on my computer. So i'd like to know how to increase it.

Some may-be-useful data :

According to the task manager, the game peaks at 700Mo when it goes out of memory, then goes down to around 675Mo ingame, using 256x textures, and around 430Mo using 128x textures (peak use, ingame).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Well it wasn't in the starter but in the launcher (and i'm not sure the old one had it in). But anyway, i threw in 8Go (might be a bit overkill) instead of the standard 1 and it all works fine. Thanks.

Also, now that i think about it, i can't believe i've been unable to play starmade for a month and half for such a stupid issue. This remove my status of starmade veteran and turn it into the one of complete noob. Well, now i've to go on the first planet i find, build the shack of shame and meditate about all this.

Derp :confused:

Reaction score
    Ok, I am having the same problem, but not being an uber-computer guy I am not having any luck getting into the launcher to change the min and max memory values. Can anyone help me find this?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    In the new launcher (v.14) goto the menu ' Options / Memory Settings...' and change the values there according to what's available.

Greets,

Jan

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Detailed description here.

- Andy