How can the player council vote out a part of their popular vote?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    5000 members of his G+, 5000 people on MF Whitelist. Big part of the community is Mushroomfleet. And what exactly is this survey stuff. I haven't had the need to post here in ages, so I don't know my way around here I guess.
    And? His youtube also has 200k subs, yet this average view count is somewhere around 200. A big number does not impress me. Activity does. You need to join his G+ to be whitelisted, and the whitelist is not updated when a person leaves. If you check Starmade-servers you can see some numbers;
    In the last 2 months, Mushroom fleet had a max of 25 players with a low of 7.
    Redshift capped at 47 and kept a minimum of 18.
    EE Hit a cap of 69 last month during it's reset, but normally seems to be around a high of 46 and a low of 21.

These are just the 2 big servers I know, there are also big servers like Ragnarok Galaxy and Feed up your Beast. Mushroom Fleet is in no way a "big" part. It's a sizable minority, just like all other big servers.

Any other problems with Mushroomfleet community. I'll be your Ambassador. We REALLY should get along like responsible adults
    Tomato is not banned from the forums, only chat. He doesn't need an ambassador, because he does not care what we have to say here else he would be replying to these "what happened" posts or trying to do something. But no, he sits on his server and waits for people to come to him. I've honestly nothing to say to him because every time I've tried to be constructive I've been called a troll, and then the whole thread gets deleted for trolling posts. I have no problem with Mushroom fleet. Few people do. We have issues with the Tomato.

Reactions: Zeno9141

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Tomino never asked them to leave. I was approached immediately after by Dalmont, Raiben and Saber left. It is because Tomino failed to communicate on a daily basis. The four of us had our privileges revoked on the server with no mention as to why, and Tomino only explained after the fact. Apparently we were cheating, by spawning in ships on what was advertised as a build server. The three of them were not going to be a part of a community where the admins couldn't police the server.

Just thought I would clear that up.
    Well this shows us something, doesn't it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In a way it really scares me that so many doubt Schine and their actions.
    They are only doing what they think is best for the game.

And about Tom, well....
    He can be difficult, he have showed that multiple times.
    Its not quite that broad sweeping of a statement. As far as the game goes I have great confidence in the devs. This council is completely separate from the game as far as I am concerned.It's nothing more than a forum tool. It has zero bearing on my trust in Schine and Starmade as a game.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Its not quite that broad sweeping of a statement. As far as the game goes I have great confidence in the devs. This council is completely separate from the game as far as I am concerned.It's nothing more than a forum tool. It has zero bearing on my trust in Schine and Starmade as a game.
    But Schine put their trust in the council and the council is being doubted a lot.
    In that way people are doubting Schine.

Reaction score
    Tomino never asked them to leave. I was approached immediately after by Dalmont, Raiben and Saber left. It is because Tomino failed to communicate on a daily basis. The four of us had our privileges revoked on the server with no mention as to why, and Tomino only explained after the fact. Apparently we were cheating, by spawning in ships on what was advertised as a build server. The three of them were not going to be a part of a community where the admins couldn't police the server.

Just thought I would clear that up.

Well, you never stop learning.
    Though I was one of the victims of the Imperiums ship spawning frenzy. I was part of THE faction that the Imperium selected to harass in order to ease their boredom. One of the few larger factions without an admin in our rows. The admin privileges were removed because of abuse. Now there's a etiquette on that in the server rules.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Well, you never stop learning.
    Though I was one of the victims of the Imperiums ship spawning frenzy. I was part of THE faction that the Imperium selected to harass in order to ease their boredom. One of the few larger factions without an admin in our rows. The admin privileges were removed because of abuse. Now there's a etiquette on that in the server rules.
    The 3 admins you mention have resolved these issues on their own server. They separate build sectors from the survival galaxy by a magnitude of some hundred thousands of kilometers. The sectors are locked and protected. A simple solution that could have been applied to MF, had tomino been willing to listen at all.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Seems here is a good place to express my thought about this "Drama" without getting ban

From my point of view, I am surprise tom got off. But i will say, i am happy he is off,
    so others like me might have a chance to get in :p Everyone watch his twitch/
    play in the MH server know he has some issues. But not off like in this way.
    The council should not have the power to vote other member out.
    If you(council member) are not happy, feel that can't work with tom.
    And want him out, you SHOULD put up a public vote facing
    the whole community. To decide should he be out or not.
    This is a bug of the current council system.

OF CAUSE, if this is a schine decision(yes, i am talking about you wedtm :mad:),
    it makes sense, BUT please don't use other council member as an excuse.

Reaction score
    If you(council member) are not happy, feel that can't work with tom.
    And want him out, you SHOULD put up a public vote facing
    the whole community. To decide should he be out or not.
    This is a bug of the current council system.
    No, it SHOULD NOT.
    Yes, it was a public vote to put the person in. Impeaching them being a public vote doesn't necessarily need to be.
    Considering it would just cause even more drama it is really a bad idea. The council is voted in, does their service and handles their problems internally with Schine overseeing. We don't need to see every detail. That is one of the finer points of a republic vs a democracy.
    Even though we the community are voting these people in, we are voting them in to serve Schine on our behalf, not to serve us.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Heyyo, just a reminder to keep the conversation here civil and within site rules.
    There will undoubtedly be a lot of people coming onto the forums from other portions of the community with questions, and we should be doing our best to provide them answers in a way that doesn't needlessly polarize the situation or alienate anybody.

Reaction score
    He didn't run. He got elected. That's a difference.
    Wait... so you can be elected without running? How does that make sense? Why do we have applications, of which his is included?

I don't really care about the drama, I have no preferences toward him or others... but if he didn't want the position or the responsibility, why did he accept it? Did he, as the application points out, think he was being voted "Starmade's El Presidente"?

Another thing that bothers me is how Tom reacted after he got kicked out.
    He didn't think straight and simply ask why he got thrown out, he raged and wrote a lot of stupid things that you can see on his twitter.
    And I think that really shows why he got thrown out of the council. You really get to see how people are when they are mad..
    Also this.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Could the tomino PR team please stop tossing follower numbers or accounts or whatnot around? it is completely irrelevant how big the yogswarm currently is, how active MF compared to whatever state of the art PvP server currently is; the critique was/is directed to tomino himself only and not every single person a half-gifted social engineer ever converted to his follower numbers in the vast realms of the internets over the course of the years.

Why are your numbers irrelevant? Because you could have just elected one, any one other spokesperson from among your ranks. But no, it had to be the one single person barely anyone here on SMD can get along with that you chose to be your representative. If you are so damn many, you should be able to find someone who has a basic social skillset, a generally hireable attitude and a diplomatic way of interacting with the public.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    -Tomino has agreed to give ~60 to 80 hrs per week availability time to the council. ( A week as 168 hrs)
    sure he promised this, but he never followed through on it. Literally complaint after complaint that he didn't have time for the council. He demanded that everyone else make sacrifices to their schedules so that we could schedule meetings the way HE wanted it and around HIS timeframe while refusing to make concessions of his own.

-He has handed in the report on the part of the community he represents
    This is true. However his report is literally just a copy paste of the comment section of a post on the mushroomfleet G+. I'm clarifying that detail because I've heard the phrase "six page report!!!" thrown around like molotovs in baltimore. It was six pages of OTHER PEOPLE'S CONTENT. Do not present it as though he wrote a six page academic paper about starmade.

-He has tried to give you his time table in a written form, but has not gotten the permission to edit the spreadsheet that the time was supposed to be in.
    This is false. He submitted his email to get access to the schedule document, however at this point not only hadthe vote had already been made, but he refused to participate on the grounds that dalmont hadn't participated yet. Let me give you a timeline. Wednesday he has a breakdown in the council skype chat where he accuses schine of favoritism and incompetence and threatens crusade. He also had made numerous personal attacks against other councillors. At this point our schine handler Vanhelzing made a judgement call and started gauging opinions of the council. When it seemed that the council was not amused by his inappropriate behavior, on friday he sent out a message to each council member individually asking whether or not tomino should be removed. Of course, tomino was not included in this poll for obvious reasons (the defendant doesn't sit on the jury, does he?). The vote came back 5-1 for a removal (with the no vote being conditional as long as he behaved) and vanhelzing decided to present this vote to schine on Sunday. On saturday, we began to set up the schedule, proceeding as though tomino wasn't going to be removed (none of us knew the results of the vote). Sunday vanhelzing reported back to schine and schine gave him the green light. Monday morning Criss notified tom and requested that I remove him from the skype chat room.

He was not kicked out for not participating in the scheduling. He was kicked out for being rude to his councillors, lying on his application about how much time he had to spend working with the council, and finally a complete and utter lack of cooperation.

-He voiced this at ~ 5pm his time at the day he was voted out after the other council members have told him to give his hours.
    See above.

-He didn't get permission still
    See above. I'm pretty sure at this point Duke was aware of the vote results and knew he was going to leave anyways.

-He was informed at 6:30pm his time on that day that he was voted out.
    See above.

I have not had the chance to talk to other members of the council yet. They refuse to answer me with my questions. But from what I was told by Tomino calling it "absolute lack of cooperation" is bollucks. Tomino suspects that most of the council just didn't like him and mushroomfleet and wanted to get rid of this "annoyance". Tomino especially referred with this quote to DukeOfReams. But that is his view. I don't know what to think.
    I nor any other councillor has received nary a peep from you. You are lying here or your messages have not sent. Regardless, communication is the responsibility of the sender. If you wish to discuss this with me, you are more than welcome to.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    ......on friday he sent out a message to each council member individually asking whether or not tomino should be removed. Of course, tomino was not included in this poll for obvious reasons (the defendant doesn't sit on the jury, does he?). ......
    Good to know, so council member DO NOT have the power to vote out other(to suggest the vote out, they should have the power to vote out other with schine involve), BUT schine DO!! So the system sounds fair now.
    My concern is fulfill and over. But I am still a bit unhappy with wedtm, that's real bad PR, not cool, mate

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    this voice is OP....

I can keep doing this all day.

Actually... no I can't, I'm running dangerously short on Lumpy Space Princess quotes from YouTube without resorting to a compilation video, and I can't link to specific timeframes from here.

Gonna have to find some other way to derail the drama train!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.