How can the player council vote out a part of their popular vote?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    I've heard and seen on reddid that Tomino_sama the owner of the Mushroomfleet community has been voted out from the council. I'd like to know how the council has such powers and why they've come to such a decision.

Sincerily 4plains
    2 year player of Star-Made

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The council was given a poll by a member of Schine in order to determine if Tomino Sama should be removed. The Concil represents the community, and the vote was 5:1 for the removal of Tomino. Thus, it was voted by the Community's representatives that Tomino_sama should be removed from the council, for a multitude of reasons (mostly the absolute lack of cooperation from Tomino, from what I heard). The council members were not aware of their peer's votes, and didn't do so in a "secret meeting" as some will claim.

Bottom line; Tomino_sama was removed from the council to make the council more productive and effective. Tomino_Sama has made multiple threats towards the council members, SMdock and Schine as a whole, along with unruly behavior, effectively warranting his permanent removal.

Reaction score
    I've talked to Tomino on their Team Speak. (I recorded the conversation if you want to hear it.)
    I can summarize the following:
    -Tomino has agreed to give ~60 to 80 hrs per week availability time to the council. ( A week as 168 hrs)
    -He has handed in the report on the part of the community he represents
    -He has tried to give you his time table in a written form, but has not gotten the permission to edit the spreadsheet that the time was supposed to be in.
    -He voiced this at ~ 5pm his time at the day he was voted out after the other council members have told him to give his hours.
    -He didn't get permission still
    -He was informed at 6:30pm his time on that day that he was voted out.

I have not had the chance to talk to other members of the council yet. They refuse to answer me with my questions. But from what I was told by Tomino calling it "absolute lack of cooperation" is bollucks. Tomino suspects that most of the council just didn't like him and mushroomfleet and wanted to get rid of this "annoyance". Tomino especially referred with this quote to DukeOfReams. But that is his view. I don't know what to think.

I know two things:
    1. This alienates me. It's not right that a popularly elected council can get rid of a part of itself because it feels like it.
    2. Tomino will make a lot of noise about that. He's pissed. AND a lot of mushroomfleet community members will too because they are equally pissed.

File of the recording: [yet to be uploaded]

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've talked to Tomino on their Team Speak. (I recorded the conversation if you want to hear it.)
    -Tomino has agreed to give ~60 to 80 hrs per week availability time to the council. ( A week as 168 hrs)
    -He has tried to give you his time table in a written form, but has not gotten the permission to edit the spreadsheet that the time was supposed to be in.
    -He voiced this at ~ 5pm his time at the day he was voted out after the other council members have told him to give his hours.

I have not had the chance to talk to other members of the council yet. They refuse to answer me with my questions. But from what I was told by Tomino calling it "absolute lack of cooperation" is bollucks. Tomino suspects that most of the council just didn't like him and mushroomfleet and wanted to get rid of this "annoyance". Tomino especially referred with this quote to DukeOfReams. But that is his view. I don't know what to think.

I know two things:
    1. This alienates me. It's not right that a popularly elected council can get rid of a part of itself because it feels like it.
    2. Tomino will make a lot of noise about that. He's pissed. AND a lot of mushroomfleet community members will too because they are equally pissed.

Reaction score
    Nor, neither.
    I'm a Star-Made player, mostly single player, I have a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCugZKfT8kjf3i9cAlf6SKYA), I'm on reddit every now and then (where I read the post) and I play on different servers. I recherched the Mushroomfleet TS adress and interviewed Tomino on how and why this happened from his point of view. (I couldn't do that with other council members because they seem to be to elitist to actually answer to a player that is curious; or they don't want to undermine thier position by having to justifiy themselves).

Pretty much everywhere on the internet I can be found under the name 4plains or fourplains, depending whether or not the platform allows a number as first letter of your name (which twitch doesn't).

Sincerily 4plains.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nor, neither.
    I'm a Star-Made player, mostly single player, I have a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCugZKfT8kjf3i9cAlf6SKYA), I'm on reddit every now and then (where I read the post) and I play on different servers. I recherched the Mushroomfleet TS adress and interviewed Tomino on how and why this happened from his point of view. (I couldn't do that with other council members because they seem to be to elitist to actually answer to a player that is curious; or they don't want to undermine thier position by having to justifiy themselves).

Pretty much everywhere on the internet I can be found under the name 4plains or fourplains, depending whether or not the platform allows a number as first letter of your name (which twitch doesn't).

Sincerily 4plains.
    But what if (very likely) Tomino only responded just because he was tossed out to make some excuses? Keptic's post explains council's point of view a well, so I don't see a reason for them to respond.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive

I know two things:

This to Tomato. You can't find it now because the thread was deleted, but almost everyone knew that there would be issues between him and other council members. I was honestly surprised that it lasted this long and thought it might have actually been working, but it appears not.

What you have heard from Tomato does not seem to fit what the rest have heard. You say he said he had time but wasnt allowed to sign the time table? We've all heard that his app was basically a lie/joke and he was busy with family and work, refusing to sign the time table. Some of the things you are saying he said also contradict what he has told other people, including stating that he didn't even want to be part of the council, he just did it to check his popularity (don't have the source, but I hear a lot of things).

If anything, the actions he's taken after he was removed is the exact reason he should not be in the council. It is a sheer lack of professionalism that make this whole thing so blown out of proportion. For Christ sake the first thing he did was a smear compaign on Twitter, defaming Schine and other council members. He's put himself into a spot where he CAN NOT get back in, and he knows this and is trying to use that to his advantage. He is also now hosting a mock site, http://starmadeduck.net/ You can't expect that to work out.

Reaction score
    But what if (very likely) Tomino only responded just because he was tossed out to make some excuses? Keptic's post explains council's point of view a well, so I don't see a reason for them to respond.
    Could be. I know him from videos and I've talked to him before I made the interview every now and then. He's seldomly as pissed as he was in the interview.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1431603262,1431602858][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This to Tomato. You can't find it now because the thread was deleted, but almost everyone knew that there would be issues between him and other council members. I was honestly surprised that it lasted this long and thought it might have actually been working, but it appears not.

What you have heard from Tomato does not seem to fit what the rest have heard. You say he said he had time but wasnt allowed to sign the time table? We've all heard that his app was basically a lie/joke and he was busy with family and work, refusing to sign the time table. Some of the things you are saying he said also contradict what he has told other people, including stating that he didn't even want to be part of the council, he just did it to check his popularity (don't have the source, but I hear a lot of things).

If anything, the actions he's taken after he was removed is the exact reason he should not be in the council. It is a sheer lack of professionalism that make this whole thing so blown out of proportion. For Christ sake the first thing he did was a smear compaign on Twitter, defaming Schine and other council members. He's put himself into a spot where he CAN NOT get back in, and he knows this and is trying to use that to his advantage. He is also now hosting a mock site, http://starmadeduck.net/ You can't expect that to work out.

This is an unholy mess. Like I said I haven't been able to talk to other council members, only Tomino. He's on Mushroomfleet TS A LOT. I have talked to members of the community. He's a good server admin according to them, he knows how to make PR. And from what I take with the current chill in the MF community there'll be a lot of angry ants from an ant hive making noise. MF does have ~150 active pilots. And even me that doesn't go to MF often is somewhat pissed that a council elected with MY vote can get rid of votes put in it. For me it's IRRELEVANT who get's voted out. It's the fact THAT they can vote members out.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Just to my objectiv view of things as a neutral (not hating or liking tomino). There are 2 subjectiv unproven stories which lead to the same result overall.

1. The councils story is true:
    He is hard to work with and the removal of tomino was the right thing to do. Tomino telling bad lies. Bad for Tomino.

2. Tominos story is true:
    5 out of 6 people hate Tomino this much that they risk this much uproar/hate to not even work with him. Even worse for Tomino because he should question himself why he´s so hated.

The first story is more likely the truth. If he´s up for popularity then maybe he thinks bad PR is still PR.
    I´m happy about the fact that this all doesn´t really matter to me.

Reactions: JimmyJamba

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    2. Tominos story is true:
    5 out of 6 people hate Tomino this much that they risk this much uproar/hate to not even work with him. Even worse for Tomino because he should question himself why he´s so hated.
    If it was just that, I doubt Schine would have allowed it to happen. Despite Schine saying they were not involved, Schine did allow it to happen and made it official. Just something to tack onto that idea.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    If it was just that, I doubt Schine would have allowed it to happen. Despite Schine saying they were not involved, Schine did allow it to happen and made it official. Just something to tack onto that idea.
    A councillor CANNOT be removed without Schine's approval. To my knowledge, none of us (councillors) even expected impeachment would even be an option. I personally was just 'suddenly' asked to vote whether or not to keep Tomino_sama in the council.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Im not involved in either side of this , but as a forum member and Starmade player , my confidence in this entire council concept just took a huge plunge.

Reaction score
    Im not involved in either side of this , but as a forum member and Starmade player , my confidence in this entire council concept just took a huge plunge.
    My thoughts exactly.
    It doesn't help the matter that everything that happens in the council is secret. We only get to hear what we're allowed to hear.
    Well I guess this is stuff to improve in the future.
    Fly safe everyone
    4plains

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    In a way it really scares me that so many doubt Schine and their actions.
    They are only doing what they think is best for the game.

And about Tom, well....
    He can be difficult, he have showed that multiple times.

Reaction score
    People seem to be taking this a little too seriously.
    The council doesn't have any secret powers, they aren't making policy, setting taxes, spending our money, taking bribes from lobbyists, or writing legislation.
    They're an advisory body to help Schine turn out a better product, which benefits us all.
    They are taking some time out of their day to do this unpaid. I bet after dealing with this bullshit a lot of them are re-thinking their position.
    So when 1 kid can't play nice with all the other kids, what do you people really think should happen?

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    People seem to be taking this a little too seriously.
    The council doesn't have any secret powers, they aren't making policy, setting taxes, spending our money, taking bribes from lobbyists, or writing legislation.
    They're an advisory body to help Schine turn out a better product, which benefits us all.
    They are taking some time out of their day to do this unpaid. I bet after dealing with this bullshit a lot of them are re-thinking their position.
    So when 1 kid can't play nice with all the other kids, what do you people really think should happen?
    All of this.

This right here is how I feel about this.

Reaction score
    The council is elected by a STV system. You know how you picked 5 people? I personally expect them to re-run the STV system, to ensure that the new elective is one that the people have voted for. It would easy to just adopt Kep (like many people have suggested), but it would be better to just recast the votes and add whomever it tells us won in place of Tom. Your vote isn't being ignored. People need to stop thinking that. There are a lot of people who had their 1st choice knocked out of the running, and they are pretty okay with it.
    He didn't run. He got elected. That's a difference.

Tomato refuses to use these forums. At all. Why did he run for a place on council BASED on these forums, I do not know, but it is clear that he had no intention of doing any survey work here. That would be one of the major problems, you can't represent the majority if you refuse to go to where the majority might wander.
    5000 members of his G+, 5000 people on MF Whitelist. Big part of the community is Mushroomfleet. And what exactly is this survey stuff. I haven't had the need to post here in ages, so I don't know my way around here I guess.

Remember (or know this*, if you didnt know), His server actually lost some of it's most respected and influential (on the forums) admins because of him. His server may have a lot of internal respect for him, but outside of it there is very little. There have been very few times that he stepped outside his bubbled and not caused a scene, and it all stems from his personality. There is no nice way to say it, and I shouldn't say it because rules and flaming and blah de blah, but Tomato is a condescending, self centered, and victimizing twat to anyone that does not seem to agree with him. I expect this post to be removed for that line alone, but do know that Mushroom Fleet is full of only people that can stand him, and respect towards him is limited to only in Mushroom fleet as a result.
    EFSF Raiben, SFW Dalmont and a lot of folks now on Star-Drive network left Mushroomfleet after being asked by Tomino to leave, so that buddy squad stuff like happened in MF a while ago cannot happen again. (Which beared large resemblence to Tomino being voted out of the council.)

Any other problems with Mushroomfleet community. I'll be your Ambassador. We REALLY should get along like responsible adults

4plains

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Another thing that bothers me is how Tom reacted after he got kicked out.
    He didn't think straight and simply ask why he got thrown out, he raged and wrote a lot of stupid things that you can see on his twitter.
    And I think that really shows why he got thrown out of the council. You really get to see how people are when they are mad..

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    being asked by Tomino to leave
    Tomino never asked them to leave. I was approached immediately after by Dalmont, Raiben and Saber left. It is because Tomino failed to communicate on a daily basis. The four of us had our privileges revoked on the server with no mention as to why, and Tomino only explained after the fact. Apparently we were cheating, by spawning in ships on what was advertised as a build server. The three of them were not going to be a part of a community where the admins couldn't police the server.

Just thought I would clear that up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.