Planned Hover Block

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Similar to the thrust block this block will make any ship hover above the gravitational ground, this is great for speeders and ground vehicles espacially since planets are going to get bigger and were going to get chair control soon

EDIT:
    Note: this is also perfect for ship building on planets because at the moment its really hard to properly build ships on planets but if you make your ship hover while building you can build easier

they can also be used for planet turrets
    or landing gears

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I like the idea, I'm just wondering, how will it work differently from the current passive stop effect that makes gravity not effect you?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea, I'm just wondering, how will it work differently from the current passive stop effect that makes gravity not effect you?
    well lets say youll hover off a hill ,with the stop effect you would fly at the same height however with the hover block you will fall down till your one block high above the ground again, the hover block is also great because you can fly over hills aslong as you put a hover block at the front

Reaction score
    well lets say youll hover off a hill ,with the stop effect you would fly at the same height however with the hover block you will fall down till your one block high above the ground again, the hover block is also great because you can fly over hills aslong as you put a hover block at the front
    ah yeah, so like a speeder basically, i like that :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Good idea! It'd be great if this also worked on stations for quick and easy transportation that dsn't result in crashing into walls with those derpy barrel rolls. :D

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Despite this suggestion coming up once every few months... :p

I must say, we definitely do need this, it would save us a lot of lag when we don't have rails to put on our planetary bases yet and make races on planets much nicer. Maybe allow the player to control his/her height above the ground with the drift up/down keys, the maximum distance you can hover from the ground would be determined by the amount of hover modules.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Similar to the thrust block this block will make any ship hover above the gravitational ground, this is great for speeders and ground vehicles espacially since planets are going to get bigger and were going to get chair control soon
    This idea has already been discussed heavily in this thread Read by Schine - Wheel Block if not several others.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Just make the stop effect lose its effectiveness above a certain height, what that height is depending on the effect %. That would allow for both aircraft and speeder vehicles, and save a few block ID's.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    This idea has already been discussed heavily in this thread Read by Schine - Wheel Block if not several others.
    I remember that thread XD

I see this is now marked as "planned" which is... awesome. Hover vehicles on the way!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455245308,1455245199][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Just make the stop effect lose its effectiveness above a certain height, what that height is depending on the effect %. That would allow for both aircraft and speeder vehicles, and save a few block ID's.
    This has some potential.

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    To be properly useful, any hover block would also need to auto-align your vehicle with planet gravity.

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    1 block high? no! it needs to be ajustable. the higher the more power needed