Homeworlds

Reaction score
    Homeworlds

So far in starmade all the planets are small and lack any real value. I suggest that large worlds be introduced with the purpose of creating conflict among factions fighting over said world. This suggestion would also go hand in hand with a block which could generate minerals passively froma a planet (larger planets would attain a bonus to said block output of minerals and the variety would generaly be larger). These planets would also future an atmosphere which would prevent ships over a certain size from entering the planet. This could give a use to land vehicles and would also encourage orbital borbadement from larger ships, but it would also allow smaller fighters ai or not, to skirmish near the surface. This could potential create a purpose to faction warfare because as of now it isn't driven by purpose. The homeworld count would be limited and an idea to toss around would be whether factions can make these their bases making them invulnerable which in my opinion would break it, I would rather say that the planet could be destructuble but take a reduced damage.

tl dr: version

big planets make conflict between factions feed the economy (factories through big bonus to production of materials, creates purpose for ground vehicles while introducing orbital borbadement) I apologizefor all the spelling errors and grammar errors.

Small edit. Depending on how advanced the ai will eventually get we could see conflicts on the ground waged through it (nps).

Feed back is always appreciated.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    That would be awesome for larger worlds. I really think should be an addon.

Reaction score
    I like the idea, right now planets are common, but small, only 1 sided (that is actually worth building on), and useless. I think that planets should become less common in a solar system, but be a lot more detailed in what they have to offer, be a lot bigger and actually 2 sided or spherical, and each planet should have certain things to it stat wise that make it interesting to inhabit.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What do you think about:

• No planets near spawn (all 8 sun systems around 0 0 0) or they are not destroyable (good for look and feel of the server). Call them \"protected worlds\" and exchange existing homeworlds with a planet further away.

But:

• The closer to spawn, the more ressources they give.

• Factions can loot a single sun system. after it is looted, some other faction (which was created (date>date) before the planet is given up) has to take over the sol system and get the same ammount of ressources before this sector is depleted.
    • This only works with factions which are enemies, and the ressources have to be drained at least 1...5 times (server.cfg?) before the same previous faction can take over again.

• After certain time the ressources replenish (exponential longer time the further away from spawn) and are available to everybody again - without a third party interfering (make a replenish-date sorted linked list which are grouped by day/month/week if required)

Ressources are drained with salvage beam units placed on a planet. and stored in Plex-Storages (not factory inputs. should be manually).

If peoples have too many planets, raiders will attack the plex-storages. There should be a special scanner to scan for stored items (at least the number of ores).

Reaction score
    Protected around spawn is a solid idea +1

The close to spawn bit I don\'t know about I would prefer to have homeworlds as determined locations on the navigation part of the screen and they would be very rare and would provide a massive amount of recources when a mine block is placed on them to access said mine a block a faction would have to maintain control for 15 minutes of the planet. While this is going on, all other factions are warned about it. Leading to conflict or capture of other homeworlds and all that entails is placing your own faction block and destroying theirs. Sidenote the mineblock can be accesed by a player after the 15 minutes countdown and then it would reset to a 3 hour waiting period for players to recoupirate losses build up defences and what not.

I don\'t know about the other ideas.(yet)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It sounds like the over arching idea here is to have factions make outposts that aren\'t invincible because they need to get a valuable resource to sustain themselves, creating natural conflict between factions.

ye

Reaction score
    This sounds all good. But I have always the concern that such capturable planets would need to be protected 24/7 that is, I would say near impossible for any faction.

what about this concept? A planet is conquered when a faction can maintain the control over it for one week. Therefor a new fleet option for a faction would be needed. Say faction A makes a fleet of 5 ships and tells it to conquer that planet, so it will stay in orbit around it and try to defend it. When no player of faction A is online destroyed ships of said fleet get spawned again for a very low price at certain intervals. So the attacker could bring more forces but had to fight multiple waves of ships for the entire time.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    +1

Or just claim planets so far away that peoples don\'t care about them.