Read by Council Home Base Diminishing Returns + Separate Sector Claiming Base

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hello. So I looked around and opened a LOT of threads regarding home base protection suggestions and did not see this one, so if I missed it, I apologize. But here are the ideas..

1. Give home base protection diminishing returns based on the total size of a base, including docked entities. This would be a server config setting based on weight. There would be a starting size where home bases are completely invulnerable and then an equation for how much damage they take, scaling with size. Perhaps there could also be minimum amount set as well, so home bases will always provide AT LEAST a certain amount of protection, perhaps 35% (again, configurable by the server).

2. Make it so a home base CANNOT claim a sector. This way players would have to have 2 bases, one that does not have home base protection, and one that does.

Now, why would I want to make these changes? Well, because right now I am finding PVP to be incredibly frustrating. People just hide behind their home bases, no matter how big they get. And when they do get to be big, they almost always just ambush people smaller than them. I feel that gradually taking away a player's invulnerability would help create better PVP systems, while providing noobies the protection they need to grow. I think this would also encourage alliances to take on the bigger guys that are ambushing less wealthy players. It would also encourage "secret bases," that other players could go try and hunt down.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Neat idea, good potential. Allows for a small fallback base for a faction under siege, but doesn't allow complete homebase invulnerability when the Titan's docked there.

That said, a homebase is still gonna be hard to crack even with only 35% damage resistance, because you're going to need close to twice the original firepower (To prevent losses due to spending too much time above their base's enhanced defenses) and, presumably, fight through waves of enemy drones and the like, possibly also the turrets of a docked titan or something.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Sorry to say but the devs already have plans for faction bases and faction warfare.
    But to add to your suggestion anyways, The HomeBase should be invulnerable to the torch. It would be stupid if a person willing to spend 3 hours torching could get a homebased as his own.