High Moble Battleship Nadesico - ~50% Complete

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Greetings!

Today I bring the community a close replica of the space ship from the anime sci-fi space adventure, Martian Successor Nadesico.

Much time and work has gone into this ship. It is not a shipyard build (it was started before such things) and I pretty much mine all my materials manually. I've also only been playing the game for a few months so while it seems impressive to me, it may not astonish some of the people out there.

The following is a reference drawing of the ship for those unfamiliar with the look of the vessel

My design is not an exact replica, but it does share much the same appearance as the original, with some moderate changes to improve its effectiveness in the Starmade universe.

Now for the big reveal, the ship as it currently exist:

Behind the spoilers are 2 animated Gifs:

First, a pretty choppy rotate around the structure:

Next, a loop of a portion of the firing of the Gravity Blast Cannon:

Now for the meat and potatoes of the ship, the specs!

First some Screen shots from the build mode information block and the blueprint ratings:
    Edit:
    Please ignore the power reading as that is the combined power of the Nedesico and my space station that it is docked to, the Nedesico itself has 149,291,476 energy.

Now for some information that is not readily available from those screen shots:

First is the Gravity Blast Cannon. This beast i estimate does about 3.6 million DPS based off the fact that it requires about 36 million energy per second to fire. However this is only an estimation due to various aspects of the Gravity blast cannon being a rotating array of various beam and missile weapons with various support effects and the inclusion of a constant power drain beam firing in the mix as well. I have long forgotten the exact layout and configuration of the combined system but it does fairly horrendous damage to most things in its direct line of site. If i can find my design notes for it i will be sure to update this with actual numbers.

Next up is the power generation system. While the state say that the Nedesico generates 821k energy per second, that is only native. Honestly that does not even cover its thrust requirements. The Nedesico has 8 sub reactors docked inside the front forks (4 on each side) that provide an additional (and constant) 3,168,000 energy per second for a grand total of 3.989 million energy per second.

In the event that the Nedesico cannot bring it's Gravity Blast Cannon to bear on its target (maneuverability is somewhat slow) the ship features secondary, tertiary, and quandary weapon systems. The specs of those are as follows:

Secondary Weapon System:
    Missile, (sub pulse), 100% explosive effect:
    12 tubes, 120 modules each tube.

Tertiary Weapon System: (2 identical systems)
    Missile, sub Beam, 100% explosive effect:
    Each system, 1210 modules(missiles) with effect, 3630

Quandary Weapon system: (Vertical Launchers, one dorsal, one keel)
    Missile, sub missile, no effect
    36 Tubes (72 top an d bottom launchers) with 28 missiles(main) per launch tube.

The ship has a large dock in the back that can accommodate a ship of about 35 L x 26 W x 18 H. It has two forward docking bays that are going to be fitted with drone fighters or torpedos when i decide witch is better.

Mounted on the "triangle" portion are 4 point defense cannons for anti missile application. The rear "engine pods" are going to contain an anti-ship turrets behind the red force field that have yet to be designed.

The ship itself is largely coated in standard armor with patches of Advanced armor covering areas expected to receive incoming fire. This process is incomplete as this junction

Much of the interior needs to be designed yet, as do several other support systems and improvements added to existing systems. The ship currently has no jump drive, anti lock technology, or defensive support systems added as of yet.

I look forward to comments questions and constructive criticism.[/I][/I]

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Looks neat. With a ship that size, it seems like you should easily be hitting the 1m e/sec softcap power regen with standard line generators though (not counting your reactors).

Reaction score
    Looks neat. With a ship that size, it seems like you should easily be hitting the 1m e/sec softcap power regen with standard line generators though (not counting your reactors).
    Oh she most certainly hit that mark. I havent put the extra reactors in yet to hit that number as i was focusing on other aspects but that is in the plans for the near future.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Looks nice, but it would be so much better if you lowered the bridge section.

Reaction score
    Looks nice, but it would be so much better if you lowered the bridge section.
    It looks weird initially but it actually fits the ascetic quiet well. Also I would not be able to drop the bridge section to much without it coming in contact with the engine pods. But I do see your point, it was one of the things I thought of changing from the original design but left it in to help maximize the height of the ship for power generation.

Reactions: Mariux