Hide me plz!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It would be preferable if shops on the trade network only showed their distance to your shop, not their locations. As there will be times when I want to put a shop somewhere besides home base, and would prefer it not become a shining beacon to every troll on the server as soon as I joined the trade network.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    It would be preferable if shops on the trade network only showed their distance to your shop, not their locations. As there will be times when I want to put a shop somewhere besides home base, and would prefer it not become a shining beacon to every troll on the server as soon as I joined the trade network.
    Homebase? Or are you thinking more along the lines of establishing "secret" trade depots, where only NPCs can ferry stuff in/out?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    then you need to join the pirate trade network!
    <ignore, just had a dumb idea>

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Also now that I have gotten a little more use of the trade network. Only displaying the distance of the trade ship to your shop as well. Seems better if finding a trade ship required triangulation or having one pass through a controlled system.

Reaction score
    Hiding your homebase location in the shop network would be moot, because it is still totally visible in the Faction info under the Diplomacy tab in the Faction window. If you were able hide it in the shop network, then you would need to be able to hide it in the Faction info as well, or those trolls will come to your base, even if you were hdden in the shop network.

As for other locations, the shops are as vulnerable to attack as any non-HB stations, and you would probably be as miffed about losing them as any other stations, if a troll came along and ransacked them. One solution would be to alter configs so that the shops are protected from harm, just like your homebase is, this would make them a less enticing target to trolls and thieves. I don't know if this can be done purely in config, as it may need recoding the game to make it possible.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Hiding your homebase location in the shop network would be moot,
    I was never suggesting that, you seem to have missed the context of the original post.

As for other locations, the shops are as vulnerable to attack as any non-HB stations, and you would probably be as miffed about losing them as any other stations, if a troll came along and ransacked them.
    Stations must first be located to be attacked, and non-HB stations do not have their position publicly posted.

One solution would be to alter configs so that the shops are protected from harm, just like your homebase is, this would make them a less enticing target to trolls and thieves. I don't know if this can be done purely in config, as it may need recoding the game to make it possible.
    That would be super abusable, everyone would be dropping a shop station right outside their enemies home base.