Hi

Reaction score
    I am a father of 2 boys (9 and 13). We enjoy gaming together, and tried Star-made today. We had a lot of fun, especially after finding the admin command "give_all_items".

I built a behemoth ship, with shields, missiles, rapid fire lasers, and a black hull. Both sons built smaller, more maneuverable ships. They whooped my butt, and left me adrift in a junk yard of busted ships. It was alot of fun.

We also experiemented with salvaging. It's pretty cool, although I'm not sure how someone stays safe while doing that.

We did try the test server at 72.201.179.64, but it was bugged with invisible ships. We made our own dedicated server, that we've used for minecraft and other games. It seemed a little buggy at times ("server doesn't respond") and some jitter lag, but the game shows great promise. We'll definitely be watching this one.

Reaction score
    and can you show me a picture of your ship im thinking of building a reaper from mass effect

http://videogamewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mass_effect_3_reaper_descent_by_stryda429-d4qkvcc.jpg

Reaction score
    I will. Can you tell me how to take screenshots? My screenshot programs aren't working with star-made.

A reaper would be sweet. I didn't build anything that big, lol. It was only my 3rd ship.

Reaction score
    When I said "server doesn't respond", I was referring to my local server. We tried running the server on 4 different machines. No matter which machine, we often received messages that the server wasn't responding.

Reaction score
    server is down atm and for the screen shot hit print screen sysRq buton on your keyboard
    and the reaper has an lazer eye with harvesters and cannons :)

Reaction score
    I discovered that screenshots don't work while running in FULLSCREEN mode.

Reaction score
    For some reason, I can't embed pictures in the forum:
    http://www.petrys.net/images/starmade1.png

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    looks awesome!

I'm going to fix the issue with the picture embedment

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    To all three of you. Enjoy the game! You can bet we all are. :)

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Microknight, this is known as necrobumping. You see the date of the last post? It was 5 months ago.

Please don\'t revive dead threads.