Hey, I'm back!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    *munch munch* i ma gonna like that post stating the truth *need more popcorn, brb*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Too much Fox news?
    I don't own a TV - I have a life. And, I live and work in Asia, 5 years in the UAE and KSA, currently in China. So I likely have much, much more information on the subject than you do.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don't own a TV - I have a life. And, I live and work in Asia, 5 years in the UAE and KSA, currently in China. So I likely have much, much more information on the subject than you do.
    It is still the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Just because you don't own a TV means you are better than me. I have relatives in Syria and Iraq, and I've read a book on Arab history and many articles. Saudi Arabia and the UAE are not the entirety of the Arab population you would be quite close minded to think so. When you say "Slavery" you probably mean guest workers. Those people are brought in from abject poverty, and most likely have no other choice. I'm not condoning their treatment. Sort of like Mexican workers in America, or the millions of Chinese sweatshop workers that make iPhones for Americans.

Also, "Arab culture" is a generalization. Arab culture is really quite beautiful, and all the people I have met are quite nice. I have been to Syria, Jordan, and Turkey, and not once have I seen any racism or mistreatment of other people.

I find it funny how you brag about not owning a TV, but you play Star made.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It is still the most ridiculous thing I have heard. Just because you don't own a TV means you are better than me. I have relatives in Syria and Iraq, and I've read a book on Arab history and many articles. Saudi Arabia and the UAE are not the entirety of the Arab population you would be quite close minded to think so. When you say "Slavery" you probably mean guest workers. Those people are brought in from abject poverty, and most likely have no other choice. I'm not condoning their treatment. Sort of like Mexican workers in America, or the millions of Chinese sweatshop workers that make iPhones for Americans.

Also, "Arab culture" is a generalization. Arab culture is really quite beautiful, and all the people I have met are quite nice. I have been to Syria, Jordan, and Turkey, and not once have I seen any racism or mistreatment of other people.

I find it funny how you brag about not owning a TV, but you play Star made.

OK, you win.

It is impossible to have a discussion/debate with someone who utilizes so many logical fallacies in one post. I believe you may hold the record:

Straw man
    Correlation not causation
    Exaggeration
    Generalization....

I am certain to have missed one or two, as I am so overwhelmed by your lack of critical thinking ability.

But then, I am sure you must be right. As you state, "I've read a book...."

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    ITT: ottoman empire
    I -snip- love the ottoman empire. They were the Arab's last defense against imperialism.
    is this a joke? is this sarcasm? i mean it was literally an empire....
    I'd say the British were worse. At least the Turks had the same religion and culture as the Arabs. Within several years of their collapse and the invasion of imperial powers there were several bloody rebellions, and within a century you have what we have now. None of that happened with the Ottomans.
    When will you people learn?

Vlad the Impaler FTW

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Due to this thread derailing and turning into a flame/hate war, it is now locked.
    To everyone that contributed to the negative impact of this thread: In future, don't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.