Hey, I'm back!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Aye, it was, but so was the rest of the United States. And no I am not attempting to troll you, I just wish to have a civilized debate, if that cannot be accomplished then I see some serious issues in our future friendship.
    Of course the rest of America is/was built on the backs of minorities. That doesn't mean the South is any better. It just makes you as bad as the rest of the country. There is already no hope for our future friendship. Normally I don't judge people on their opinions, but this is just so politically incorrect and offensive to millions of people I could not be your friend.

Reaction score
    I do not support the south based on slavery and I do not support the south at all. I support its principles of a state led nation where the states are unified together but do not meddle in each other's affairs. A nation/state type of country would have most likely made America a very different place.

Slavery as many things are, is a blemish on the name America, and is something that should never be allowed to return. If it is politically incorrect to support states rights then so be it.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    its whatever you dont want to be friends with him comando

we should be friends instead <3

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I do not support the south based on slavery and I do not support the south at all. I support its principles of a state led nation where the states are unified together but do not meddle in each other's affairs. A nation/state type of country would have most likely made America a very different place.

Slavery as many things are, is a blemish on the name America, and is something that should never be allowed to return. If it is politically incorrect to support states rights then so be it.
    State's rights and slavery in this country are intertwined. By supporting one you are generally supporting the other. You openly declare your support of a state that was built on slavery and try to cover it up with state's rights.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That's not the point. The point is he made an analog of the confederate states of America to do it.
    Is it your job to get offended? The CSA's creation was due to Northern politicians making the entire government about benefitting the North. Lincoln turned it into all about slavery when he realized that the majority of abolishinists were in the North, and he needed to win a reelection campaign. Looking at it from that light, the CSA was justly created and fought for a good cause, even if they did have some rather barbaric ideals. This isn't tumblr, calm down.

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Is it your job to get offended? The CSA's creation was due to Northern politicians making the entire government about benefitting the North. Lincoln turned it into all about slavery when he realized that the majority of abolishinists were in the North, and he needed to win a reelection campaign. Looking at it from that light, the CSA was justly created and fought for a good cause, even if they did have some rather barbaric ideals. This isn't tumblr, calm down.

yyyyeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats not entirely correct but your point is made

Reaction score
    Zyrr Sure we can be friends I will need some loyal ones if I wish to get anywhere in this community.

FlyingDebris Thank you for being the voice of reason here. It's nice to see you again after all this time. I never officially left DFN so I guess I am still a member of that. :P

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I've made my point. The CSA was a state whose economy was based off of slavery, and supporting them is offensive. Both the North and the South were equally bad. I am not a moderator. If the mods want to do something, they will.

Reaction score
    BTW I wonder if all those old faction balls of space cows and my CSA are still around here somewhere. Surely someone migrated them over from the old site. They are like pieces of history in this community.

Reaction score
    ^ Not even the real confederate flag, that's just the navy flag. xD. But that's okay, it sends the message across.

Reaction score
    Yeah...okay, I can kind of see what is going on here. Snk you (no offense intended, this is an observation) seem to love to pick fights. spacecomando12 you seem to have done some mistakes in the past, see that you do not fall into them again. Also, I can already see the jerkiness inside you, being polite is no excuse to throw insults.

One more thing, the civil war wasn't about slavery. The southern states were splitting off and Lincoln even offered to keep slavery if they stayed, but they refused because there was all this talk about how the North was getting too much power, etc, etc. Lincoln, angered by the southern states, decides to make slavery illegal (which isn't too hard in the North) as punishment and force them back in. Really, the only reason the Southern States left is, not because of ideals and being separate but united, but because they were worried that they would lose all their power (which was, at the time, in the form of slaves).

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I find it somewhat interesting that I used to be on the side that vehemently apposed you and laughed at you. Now I'm on the side that is what you used to be and I still find you hilarious.
    In addition, you will never be forgotten by the vets of this game. You tend to be funny when you arrive, if you want to know how to blend it, ask me, hell, ask anyone. Anyone could do a better job of making their presence less of a bold statement.

Reactions: Keptick
    Reaction score
    Jaaskinal That's kind of ironic actually... xD

Your username does seem familiar. Good that some of the old people are fine with me returning and the newbies don't know who I am or my reputation so I may be able to return to this community yet! :D

My time of being an outcast is no more today I make my grand return!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1424324546,1424324422][/DOUBLEPOST]Heh, this one thread has brought me off of new member status to full fledged member. xD

Reaction score
    Well grand is a bit of an overstatement. I intend to be a little more humble and peaceful this time around, but I think I have already botched that plan up.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    In a short amount of time this thread got lots of responses. Also I read something about old flame wars something something asshats. I saw a colbert eating popcorn gif a little later and also something about being offended so I'm sure this is really just a great thread all around.

Reactions: Jaaskinal
    Status
    Not open for further replies.