"Heat Boxes" and Crew - Why it Works

Reaction score
    Have you ever tasted human shit? Ssometimes you don't know what you've been missing, and you have to take a chance to find out.
    I forgot to respond to this part, but it made me chuckle.

It's got absolutely no bearing on the current discussion, so read at your own risk lol.

As a parent. I have indeed tasted human shit. And not normal shit either lol

The first time my child got a stomach bug, the first sign I had that something was wrong was during a diaper change. Suddenly all the fussing stopped and I got a weird little look...and then like a shotgun blast it hit me straight into the face. Out of reflex I started to shout obscenities, and I got hit with a second round, not more than 2 seconds later.

Poor baby had that bug for 3 days, but that first round was the worst. It smelled like rancid meat and death. It tasted even worse.

So, I'm sure those of you that have kids know this by now, and already know what my rookie mistake was. But for those of you who are thinking about, or are imminently about to be, here's some hard learned advice: Always be perpendicular to your child when changing them.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ah, but does the RP community want a functional interior? or more decorative? I want to simulate how a spaceship works, not the starmade equivalent of LARP LOL
    You'll probably find that many good RPers build similarly to yourself.

Reactions: Brokengauge
    Reaction score
    Oh, yeah, specifically shaped systems and exclusion zones really add more creative freedom. In other news, war is peace, freedom is slavery, and ignorance is strength.

Again- how do heatboxes actually encourage interior where crew simply needing walking space to perform their jobs does not?

The fact that people actually believe this really boggles my mind. Heatboxes do nothing to fix the underlying problems with RP vs PvP, which is that RP builders are building ships with shitty systems designs, choices, and layouts. An "RP ship" with properly designed systems and nice interior will stack up perfectly fine against a ship of similar mass that doesn't have one. At that point it's mostly down to pilot skill.

Heatboxes will still have PvP ships smacking RP-er designed ships into next tuesday, and it's not because of balance problems with the game.
    Oh my god. Did you really just use a 1984 quote to strengthen an argument regarding a game?