HD Texture Pack In Progress

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

http://i.imgur.com/4piJD.jpg
    All the hulls are completed.

http://i.imgur.com/c9h3X.jpg
    A closer look at the details.
    As of now this is a 512 x 512 texture pack (The standard size is 64x64 [pixel art on textures is 16 x 16 but the pixels are each actually 2^2 pixels). For most, it'll probably over-power your CPU/GPU, but if you've got a higher end PC, I was able to spawn in about 10 ships and still hold 60 FPS. I will create smaller packs when it is complete for some of the lower end PC's out there.
    I won't release it yet, as I know most want lower resolution texture packs, I am also unhappy with the overall textures (The top and bottoms don't line up as well as I wish they would). Unfortunatly, I'm not skilled enough to draw these up on my own, so for better textures, I'll probably have to pay for them.
    Next up, I'll be working on some of the basic minerals and rocks, then probably move onto core components, then animated and other more complex components.
    If you have any suggestions, requests or HD textures of your own that would make a nice fit in this pack, let me know. Also, I need Photoshop tutorials that might help me out. This is my first real forray into PS for about 5-6 years now so I have some catching up to do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like how the textures almost look hand drawn, I can't wait to see what you do with some of the other components !

- bB

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you also going to do the overlays.png and the shield_tex.png.?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    sadjna;sdn;lsand;lajksndajsbdoibvwouiadbciauBWVIPUBADVIUBPDICBicubxiusbndiuasnbddkajslbdlasjbndliasndiausbndpiajsbdisabd
    ldas;oblaisbcpiaubscibsaicbaisbcpiasbciasbcipuabcpaubscpusbacasnciuascibaicnaisbcxizcjzxbkcnzkxjnckzxncknzxibcisubciaubsxiausbciuasbciausbcaisbciuasbcpaosbcpiuapsiucbapissadasdasdbcpiasubciaubscisadas dl;asjndl;knas;piuasbciabscpiabpciusbaciuabscpiuabsciubasicubasipubcapisubcaipsdassubcisd/lknasldknas;lkndla;sjn d;jasnd;lkansl;dknasldkjn;saknd;lasknd;lasjkndabnvifdjbnvcisdsd?poj[piajsdonasndl;asnd;lnasdasdasddsdasdasdsadasdasdasdasdadak;sdbasnd;asdsald;na;sdjn;asjndkajlsndkjask;djnaskjdn;akjnsdkjasbdkjsabdlkhasbdkljasndjnaskjdnassadkjas;djnas;lndlaksn;ldnas;djn;sandajnsdkjasnkdjnsakjndas

Reaction score
    Please use the new base textures. Your actionbar slots 5, 6 and the ship\'s cyan\'ish texture are not in the game.

edit: Oh, was this abandoned 7 months ago?