Have you previously quit playing StarMade?

Have you previously quit playing StarMade intentionally for more than two months?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Disk moons would be nice and simple and non-laggy and they would be distinct from planets.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I quit before for exams, then when i back. i am like WTF? all my old ship are outdated.
    But laser......yea I am in again!!

Reaction score
    It feels as though the game will never release... I would indeed like some sort of roadmap as people have discussed about where the game will go in the long run.
    A roadmap would be nice... people mention planned features here and there but it's all a bit nebulous. I remember a while back there was some talk of adding randomly generated alien lifeforms. I hope that one comes up soon.

I like the idea of the game and think it has huge potential, but to be honest I get burnt out pretty quickly because there isn't a lot to really do outside of combat. It's usually not intentional, I'll just get distracted by other things. That, and day to day life is a continual annoyance.

Perhaps if I were a bit better with the building aspect it would hold my interest a more. As it is I typically have a dinky little ship with barely any room inside...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Perhaps if I were a bit better with the building aspect it would hold my interest a more. As it is I typically have a dinky little ship with barely any room inside...
    Meh, eventually you'd get burnt out from that also, but it is pretty fun while doing it. (unless you pursue the construction of a hopelessly large mothership and never finish it... just sort of leave it floating around in single player as a sad reminder XD)

Reaction score
    Ultraviolet Dugong has stated one of the reasons for StarMade burnout; what do you do after you've built all the stuff you can think about? What do you do if you don't have a natural gift for ship building? In short, what keeps you in StarMade for the long run? I have formulated an answer for StarMade Burnout and Block Lock; the Orion Services Group, soon to reopen in a new location. Hang in there, preparations are being made now and open house is coming soon.

Thomas Jetson
    Director
    Orion Services Group

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    A roadmap would be nice... people mention planned features here and there but it's all a bit nebulous. I remember a while back there was some talk of adding randomly generated alien lifeforms. I hope that one comes up soon.

I like the idea of the game and think it has huge potential, but to be honest I get burnt out pretty quickly because there isn't a lot to really do outside of combat. It's usually not intentional, I'll just get distracted by other things. That, and day to day life is a continual annoyance.

Do you have any idea how much still needs to be done before starmade can officially be called the best game ever?
    The things I know are going to be added/done:
    • Changes to the crafting system. *
    • New default stations. *
    • Galaxies and who knows what else in the universe update. *
    • Dynamic (recipe based) prices. *
    • Modular creatures.
    • More weapons and armor for players, possibly ones that you can create with mini-blocks.
    • A hp system for ship.
    • An NPC update.
    • Programmable ai.
    • More small stuff, like display modules that can be combined to create bigger single displays.
    *= soon to be updated

And there always will be bugs that need fixing.
    Ps: I just quoted your post because you mentioned the creatures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Has anyone ever thought of what Starmade's about and how that should influence where it goes? Who are the pirates? What exactly is every human being doing forming their own military settlements and building spaceships with lasers?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I came a year back or so from Blockade Runner (amusingly a friend there asked me to befriend someone who had built an Acclamator so I could get the measurements) I looked around and set up shop. I surprisingly quickly befriended a number of Faction Leaders and that was it. I have been here and very active since then. I only once stopped being active when my internet flunked out for a month or so and Real Life assaulted me. But no I have never left intentionally.

Reaction score
    • Modular creatures.
    • More weapons and armor for players, possibly ones that you can create with mini-blocks.
    Power suits and alien lifeforms. Reminds me of Metroid games. Yes please.

Eventually I would like to be able to go on expeditions out to the deepest reaches of space, collecting unusual creatures from bizzare planets to place in some sort of zoo or research facility. Hopefully, along with the creatures we might get something to add more variety to the planets themselves, like randomly generated trees or something. But, I digress. I realize such things take time, so I'm willing to be patient. I'd rather they did it right than did it quickly, after all.