Have you previously quit playing StarMade?

Have you previously quit playing StarMade intentionally for more than two months?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Have you intentionally quit playing StarMade for more than two months?
    If so, why did you leave and why did you return?
    (If there was bad interaction with you and another player or faction please leave out names and details. Avoid starting flame wars!)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I left because the server I played on shut down, and I came back because I saw StarMade sitting in my downloads folder waiting to be updated. I then decided, "meh, what the heck, I'll see what's in the new updates" and I saw there were procedural backgrounds, pewpew lasers, a new Dave, and space helmets along with oodles of other things. That then made me want to play again (but i've ben a little less active since then since all these updates keep happening and changing the game, and I'm too lazy to build things over again)

Reaction score
    More than a few people have complained about the need to reconfigure the systems in their ships after an update.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Left for about 4 months because of school and a lack of interest. But now I'm back :D

Reaction score
    I'm taking a break until I get mah precious chairs > : (

But seriously, I've been playing 7dtd until we get some more features to go. Instead of living on feature-to-feature I can get cracking on a whole bunch of stuff.

Reaction score
    Yes, for a while my single player wasn't working and I got really annoyed any gave up for a couple months. After I while I just decieded to make a new account and try again and I was so happy to meet Dave!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been thinking of leaving starmade for a few weeks because of school and I don't want to generate a universe before getting the universe update

Reaction score
    i didnt vote since i just discovered the game a little under two months ago.

but that being said. for the last three years or so the ONLY game i have played is minecraft. that game really hooked me badly. as an example i was waiting for a couple of years for skyrim to come out (im a huge elderscrolls fan as well) but i discovered minecraft some 4-5 months before skyrim came out. once it came out i played for about a week or so then went back to minecraft. and never stopped.

that is until i found starmade about 2 months ago now. since then i have only opened MC once, and i just couldn't play it. i see starmade as superior in everyway. so if my experience with minecraft is any indication. i probably will be playing starmade for a very long time to come. you know, at least until someone makes "minecraft in space...in space!" :D

Reaction score
    Left for about 4 months because of school and a lack of interest. But now I'm back :D
    This is the point I wish to explore, what makes players lose interest?
    i probably will be playing starmade for a very long time to come. you know, at least until someone makes "minecraft in space...in space!" :D
    Perhaps that is the future of StarMade!

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    This is the point I wish to explore, what makes players lose interest?

Perhaps that is the future of StarMade!
    Well, I kinda got burnt out from building my titan and was more interested in other games.

Reaction score
    Aha! Another sufferer of SBS! (StarMade Burnout Syndrome)
    I've seen it before. There is no cure but it can be treated and I know how. It's directly related to the perceived purpose for playing StarMade.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm left Starmade. Sometimes I'm comming to check updates or invent something with cool new push effects.
    But to play again with my friends I need balanced economy. And more interesting progress during gameplay.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Official Top 5 reasons to get burned out on skubmade:

1. Combat is incredibly buggy
    2. Constantly refitting ships for new systems (although the game has gotten way better with the new systems, AdvB.M. filter is fantastic too)
    3. Running out of steam & ideas for new ships
    4. Your favorite server shuts down and/or your buds stop playing
    5. Getting dunked by boring and uninspired deathcubes in MP

Reaction score
    Aha! Another sufferer of SBS! (StarMade Burnout Syndrome)
    I've seen it before. There is no cure but it can be treated and I know how. It's directly related to the perceived purpose for playing StarMade.
    Exactly, that is the only reason people stop playing it in spurts right now. there is no preset goal yet. nothing to stride for. nothing to win. other then a bigger ship. granted MC also suffered from this problem, but it distracted you from it in many different ways. by making the act of survival it self a goal in its own. and finally they added and end "goal" (cleverly disguised with the name "the end") of killing a dragon. granted it wasn't the best end goal but it did provide with something to aim for.

now guys dont forget, the only reason starmade is so lacking in these qualities is because its still in alpha. so the only reason that there isnt much to do besides "build ships/stations" yet is because a lot of time has been taken to make the process of being able to build a ship/station unique, enjoyable, intuitive and fun! (think of how much balancing and new mechanics have been introduced) the game is just now reaching a point where things are starting to get a bit more stabilized. and thus soon the survival gameplay elements will be coming along. (and probably sooner then we think with the new trailer/stations/FTL/universe restructuring and everything else coming up!)

so ya, does starmade lack anything? yes, a goal/s.
    why does it lack these? becuase its still in alpha and building has been properly elaborated and thought out.
    will goals come? absof*ckinlutely!

So dont worry guys, think of it this way, we are on a roller coaster and we are still cranking our way up that first mega drop.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    There is one additionall problem. Updates comes slowly... I understeand reason for that... But it don't changes facts.

Reaction score
    +1 for leaving because of burnout. Mine happened because of an arms race with a fellow builder who never actually completed a ship ironically.

What made me want to return was finding out about the weapons changes.

Reaction score
    the only reason updates coming slowly is an issue, is because there still not much to distract you while you wait for the update. once we get some stuff to do, even if not completely fleshed out, it should make slow updates seem like less of a waiting period. cuz once your entertained updates become more like additional goodies. instead of vital gameplay elements.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    the only reason updates coming slowly is an issue, is because there still not much to distract you while you wait for the update. once we get some stuff to do, even if not completely fleshed out, it should make slow updates seem like less of a waiting period. cuz once your entertained updates become more like additional goodies. instead of vital gameplay elements.
    My job and other aspects in rl are enough to distract me. Anyway I still feel that updates comes slowly.

Reactions: Ithirahad