Have you previously quit playing StarMade?

Have you previously quit playing StarMade intentionally for more than two months?

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Burned out on building and stuff just became boring.
    I returned after about 4 months and have been active as hell since.

Reaction score
    I oppose the idea that a 'goal' should be coded in by the developers. Let the players decide how the events unfold. That makes the scenario far more unpredictable.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It feels as though the game will never release... I would indeed like some sort of roadmap as people have discussed about where the game will go in the long run.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I quit a few months back because at that point of time, the rebel alliance (redshift) server started deleting one man factions, of which I was part of. I wouldn't have minded joining other factions if there was better faction security, like strangers in the faction having restricted access to my plexstorage stuff and ships to prevent trolling or stealing.. But thats a pipe dream for now. Elwyn is a good server but at the time had some issues and no one was really playing on it either.

I solved the problem by playing singleplayer exclusively:) as I spend most of my time building ships, but even sp can get quite lonely after a while..

Reaction score
    I quit a few months back because at that point of time, the rebel alliance (redshift) server started deleting one man factions, of which I was part of. I wouldn't have minded joining other factions if there was better faction security, like strangers in the faction having restricted access to my plexstorage stuff and ships to prevent trolling or stealing..
    What is their problem with one man factions? Everyone has to start somewhere! The security issue is the real problem.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    yeah i joined when some youtber put a video of starmade, played for a while, made some corvettes and then the space sci-fi genre started to bore me, after a few months i went on holiday and i didnt have the best wifi so i coudnt play an fps, so i gave this game a shot again, and i love it !

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    i did quit starmade as well for some time i quit because i had not uplinked my account at the time (as soon as i came back i uplinked it) and my friend was angry at me for paying no attention to him so he went on my account and destroyed the faction i was in as a result the entire faction decided to hunt me down i quit for a long time but i came back when he said he found a server that started you off with 200 million credits so i came back and went back to the server i was hunted on to find the faction that hunted me was gone made some new allies and found new servers to play on and i have been playing ever since and i am glad i came back

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I left because I did not feel the development acknowledged the community. I returned for a few of the updates because I thought they sounded like fun.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For some time I felt a bit demotivated to play because of all the big planed jet not implemented changes.

Why should you do something that gets pretty soon outdated? Now I'm stick mostly with logic until other things are balanced.

Maybe partially because of the summer break on my server too. It is just not as much fun to build something alone.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Im waiting for a few more badly needed tweaks to the game. Nice to see FTL and system spacing coming up, but I also want to see the permissions block be functional before I get really into this game again. The ever looming threat of letting greifers join your faction still hangs high over head.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The permission block is not what you think; it is meant to allow people that aren't from your faction to activate doors, dock, etc. You place it next to the block (group) you want to allow them to use, and then everyone can use it, regardless of their faction.

There isn't supposed to be another function (as far as I know).

Reaction score
    I left for a while because of the bugs. I've had a few longer breaks since then, but now play a bit more. Still, the bugs in this game are pretty glaring, especially whatever causes these servers to stop answering ( See 'waiting for pong' issues). I've tried a few different servers, and they all do it. It's impossible to have a reliable battle if the server's going to stop working mid-fight, and leave you wondering where the hell the other guy went in that 60-seconds of lag time.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I quit once a couple months back when the old site was still around, and recently for the past two or three major updates or so.

I just recently started playing again because of the warp drives. I've never had a problem with the development speed for this game, but rather how massively stats were getting tweaked. Of course the game is still in development, so I'm not commenting on how I don't like it, rather I felt like it'd be better to wait for more stability than keep refitting ships.

Reaction score
    I stopped playing because I wasn't (and still not) happy with the planets, and various other things. I only started playing again to see where things are at, and i duno, I'm generally not happy with where the game is headed. It seems like verything now take twice as many blocks to accomplish the same thing. Shields are split into capacitors and generators, weapons take twice as many blocks to get something functional. I duno... My old ship designs are no longer applicable because they just don't have enough room in them to hold everything that is now needed to make a decent ship.

I will probably stop playing again fairly soon and come back later to see whats changed.

Reactions: Unnamed25
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There just is less regen (which basically already was useless). But the shield capacity could be enormous without using too much energy. And the game is getting a universe overhaul, so that's cool. I would definitely check back when the crafting system, universe and faction system are finished and working properly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm thinking of quitting the game at the moment because I can't play it with my laptop and also I'm waiting for the universe update, I believe it will have moons

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm thinking of quitting the game at the moment because I can't play it with my laptop and also I'm waiting for the universe update, I believe it will have moons
    Ooh! Ooh! Gimme disk moons, gimme disk moons!
    (Read: will there seriously be moons? And if yes, will they be disks?)