1. We've removed some functionality from SMD in preparation for a migration to new forum software. We expect to make the move before the end of August.

Has anyone else noticed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whiterhino16, Mar 29, 2014.

1. whiterhino16

I was fooling around in the game files, and I found two files in starmade>data>models>ground The first i "asteroid" I know there are already asteroids ingame, but there is a texture called asteroid.jpg and it is a cratered surface that is somwhat simalar to ksp's mun but without the dark spot (mostly becuase of how many craters there are),

HOWEVER there is a more interesting file that I found called "blackhole". I only was able to look at the files you can turn into txts, but I far as I found nothing interesting.

Feel free to look at them, I'd recommend copying the file and converting the copy. Does anyone know any of these? As far as I know, blackhole is somthing thats being secretly worked on. But thats a pretty far fetched theory, it could be somthing in the game not called a black hole. Or even a test element, that was the case with "testium" in ksp.

2. Legolas170

It used to replace one in twenty-ish suns. If you flew into it, it slingshoted you 20 sectors away.

3. Mosshadow

Stars are actually working parts of the game? I thought it was just a skybox texture

4. Legolas170

if you fly into them your ship starts to disintegrate

5. Saba

Saba Jack of all Air

Learn something new all the time =)

6. awesome270

i remember when u could fly thru the stars without anything happening to u.

LOL