HardCore Blueprint System

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    So we now have the option to make it so people can no longer can upload blueprints from locally and can only save blueprints of ships that are in the server. So let's take this a step further. Next is to make it so when you "buy" a blueprint instead of taking credits it takes the blocks from the players inventory for the ship. Personally I feel credits are extremely useless and this type of system would make gameplay so much better. This type of system would get people in HardCore servers not be afraid to build because us HardCore server owners could feel comfortable turning on blueprints and get the PvP train rolling. Atm on my server in particular it's just a lot of beautiful ships but everyone is to scared to PvP in them because they don't want to lose them. It's understandable but it wasn't the type of gameplay I'm looking for in my server. Anyways I would like to hear the opinions of other HardCore server owners and also get schema in on this. I know it's not a top priority for him but just want to know if he would be willing to work on it at all. So alright gents let the conversation begin!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is a fantastic idea, It shouldn\'t be too hard to loop through the blueprint file going over every voxel checking if the player has that material type in their inventory.

Reaction score
    i for one for this idea money is to easy to get ur ship back. i say take the money and the blocks tho. be better, or half the money and the blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    What if it could simply be an optional choice for server owners? You could have it divided in the .cfg into credits and blocks. That way you could set it to what you want. If you want it to cost credits, set that line to true, and the blocks like to false. If you want, you could even make blueprints free by setting both to false.

Doomsider

Server scriptologist
    Reaction score
    I really like the idea of a hardcore server but the lack of being able to use blueprints in game is a deal breaker. If we allowed this we can satifsy the need of a hardcore server without taking away from the experience. Two Thumbs up! :)

Reaction score
    On our hardcore server our faction has literally infinite blocks for any amount of ships, so this would also break the system for me. I could spawn any amount of ships i wanted and really mess up some peoples day. The factory system is too easy to abuse.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Purchased!
    If it takes blocks AND credits its alot harder. Also you can turn off recipie levels so you can\'t do that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We badly needed this option HUZZAH it arrived. I suggested \"max block limit\" on blueprint imports, but this is even better, gives you peice of mind you can get your ship back if its destroyed, but also forces you to attempt to make your own capital ship.

I think leaving it as \"credits only\" is good enough for now, the economy is a little better this is OK. Shops are still always out of stock it woudl be horrible to try collect all materials required.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This was already suggested, and is one of the Unofficial Planned Features.

Check the suggestion thread here: Shipyard Thread
    Check also Planned Features

But, for now, you can use a way to achieve some good results with the current game state. Set the blueprint upload option true, and adjust your server economy, so credits matter. If players have a hard time getting credits, don\'t matter how many blocks they have, they wnt be able to buy a blueprint.

If you adjust your server economy in a way that there are no OP blocks, that can make a player rich in no time, and with the recent changes on shops, you can make it harder for player to get credits.
    Also, adjusting the minerals prices is a must, because a single block of a L5 mineral can make you stupidly rich. Check this thread for some suggestions:

For example; for coarsing and refining ores, if 10000 L1 blocks of awesomite can be refined into one L2 block of awesomite (which can be coarsed back into 10000 L1 blocks), and if the value of an L1 block of awesomite is 10 credits then the value of an L2 block should be 100000 credits.

Furthermore, editing shop SHOP_NPC_STARTING_CREDITS and SHOP_NPC_RECHARGE_CREDITS, in the server.cfg file, will help preventing players for selling big block quantities to a single shop, making it a hard task. You can also edit the server.cfg to have less shops in your universe.

Another option, but I don\'t know how to do it, is to change the recipes, because it\'s fairly easy to set factory chains and loops, and basically have a almost near creative experience. In the last server I played, I had a factory producing almost every item in game in infinite quantities, and I was always with billions of blocks in my inventory. Adjusting pirate and pirate station loot is also an option.

I know this is not perfect, but I think schema is trying to give players and server owners the ability to have a hardcore experience if they see fit. Also, I think that all economy related stuff is only in this state of development for alpha testing purposes.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I just posted on Reddit about the Shipyard feature which is planned and should help mitigate the problems some have witht the current system.

+1 Energy

@OP not against your idea, it\'s just there are so many floating around and I\'m sure Schema does plan his work ahead of time :D You may find Shipyard will address the points you raise in a similar way and with added immersion for players :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A player\'s inventory cannot hold all the blocks you would need for ship that had multiple weapon types, colors, and so forth.

Just not enough space for all those block types.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If you check the linked Shipyard post, you\'ll see that problem already solved. You only need to connect the shipyard block to plexstorage. Like you link everything in this game, using C and V.

Furthermore, you can connect factories directly to shipyard blocks, creating a real long chain, from raw resources to finished ships ;)