Handy new function: Headlamp

Reaction score
    Sometimes when I was filling up my ship with shields and stuff, I really need some light in that sealed dark place. PlexLight is not a very good light source to be honest, since it only lights up a very short distance and the shadows are weired.

My suggestion is, to add a function to allow players to turn on a headlamp function in build mode. This headlamp should light up everything in sight, just like the natural light in open space.

Reaction score
    im pretty sure that plexlights dont actually give off light. its like a weird, lighter texture overlay it spreads to blocks around it

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Since the new player models, when ever they are released, are planned to have removable helmets, maybe there could be a light attachment to the helmets. This would just be to make the light make sense in the game and wouldn\'t alter your original idea at all, besides the fact that you could only use the light if you are wearing your helmet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well this is the idea I came here to write, so I\'ll just show my support :)

Reaction score
    PS, I think this is called Lite Brite Mode in coding terminology, although I know nothing about coding.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just have an option in the advanced build mode to remove shadows.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    We just need the ability to completly see in the dark while in build mode, but a head lamp might be nice for other potentially dark areas, especialy if dying ships get adjusted to where plexlights will turn off and flicker when the core is overheating.

Reaction score
    There are so much possibilities in this thing. Hope Schema will see this and add this to the game in near future.