Half Of My Ship has gone missing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had just completed work on a large spaceship when I had to turn off the game. When I started playing again I saw that the whole front end of my ship was gone! Including the ship core. The remains of my ship were also surounded by random blocks like awesonium ore. It looks like the ship is still be reconized by the game because I can see the green square for where the ship core is and it is also pick up on the navagation screen. Is this a bug in the game, or has my ship been corrupted (or maybe both) and if so, is their anyway I can fix the problem so I dont have to rebuild the whole thing?

Reaction score
    Do you play on a server or local? If a server someone might have destroyed it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was playing locally, so no one could have destroyed it. It really looked like part of it was corrupted, but I managed to find a backed up version of it so I do not need to rebuild the whole thing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    got the same bug. Played on private server with my friend. We claimed station and build 5 ships of different sizes. Small ships dissapeared completely. Large ones lost a part with a core in the center, but they stay on hud.

Reaction score
    I was playing on my server with my friend, and this happened to us aswell, when we logged in the other day, parts of our ship are gone, \"corrupted\" is the word, because some parts of the ship got duplicated and appear on an other location, some are just gone, and there is some random ore spawned nearby

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whole sections of this small ship are missing.

As well as my faction home.

And this larger ship, its 52m in diameter if you want to get the size of the peices missing.

You cannot build into the holes, neither where a block should be or where there should be no block. Light doesn\'t shine into the holes. You can move through them as an astronaut but with a ship you get the \"warping out of collision\" popup.

I\'m playing single player, and those holes are too precise for pirate blasters (woot star wars referance).

Luckily my plex storage was not eaten so I\'ll just create a new game and bring my stuff over. Legitimately if possible, /give if not.

PS. If you want I have a couple other images, and/or you want higher res here\'s the imgur link:

http://jcewazhere.imgur.com/all/

Edit: oops, those pics were supposed to be 640/512 but the image thingie isn\'t saving that change.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    or at least sort of workaround for it.

Go to your server.cfg and edit the following entry:

DEBUG_SEGMENT_WRITING = false //Debugs correctness of writing of segments (costs server performance)

to:

DEBUG_SEGMENT_WRITING = true //Debugs correctness of writing of segments (costs server performance)

This will enable, the experimental backup/rollback function for \"corrupted data\".
    It will cost perfomance, but it isn\'t noticeable even on larger servers.
    It will not fix, already corrupted stuff, but will prevent new damage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I\'ve been having a similar problem.

Parts of ships just vanish, including the core in big segments. You can still manually delete all the rest of the remaining parts of the ship and the entity will be deleted, so it\'s not a problem of just not being loaded yet.

Since the last update an even weirder thing has been happening where ships docked, or even just parked near the home base are dissolving away, with random parts around the ship disappearing. At first I thought it was the station turrets damaging them even though it\'s a home base, but after turning off all the turrets, it still happens.

The ship is even disolving as you are building it!

Happening for me in both online servers and offline sandbox modes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    ive recently run into a similar problem. after starting up my singel player world, i had to afk for a while (about 20 min). when i came back i was just in time to catch a pirate invasion happening on my home station. as i ran out to the hanger i saw that all of the turrets had been removed from my ship. i didnt worry about it at the time and hoped in my ship and took care of the pirates, then headed back to the hanger to figure it all out.

my first thought was to relaunch the game. nope. then i looked into the data files to see if they were still there. i found the folder containing the list of entity\'s and there still listed in the world. curious, but not having anything that can read java files, i opened the file in notepad. amungst the garbble of notepad\'s horrible code translation i saw this \"dockedTo ENTITY_SHIP_Wolf_Cannon\" so the game still sees it as there, but i cant see it and its not on my nav screen.

so now i get really curious and i hatch a plan. i open up a backup world of mine and behold, there they are. all in one peice. now comes in my plan. i find the files for all of the turrests and my main ship from the back up world (all the files that work as ive alredy seen) and copy paste them into the world that they dont work in hoping to solve the problem. well it kinda of did. my ship was relocated to where it was in the backup world proving proof of theory that dropin in the file is a viable fix in some cases. but my turrtes are still nowhere to be found.

any ideas or sudgestions?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I\'m having a similar problem, but nothing is rendering in my game. the entities are there cause I can run into invisible walls or ships but I cant see anything. Its not just my computer cause I got on my friends computer and had the same issues. I called our server host and he restarted the server a couple times but the problem wasnt fixed. Is this a problem with the latest update?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    As the title states, this has been happening for a while now. I have lost many large ships to this bug. It all started about 2 weeks ago when my whole front endand core of my frigate, about as big as a shop, was gone. I didnt save it to the catalog so I lost the ship.

I DEMAND A FIX!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had this happen to me just the otehr day, all you have to do is restart your client, and restart the server, its just a problem with transfering data between the player and server.

JTJSniperBee

Cat Person
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    hmm i had this happen on a server, EVERYTHING got segmented, small ships gone heavy ships nothing

Reaction score
    I\'ve lost entire ships and all of my loot to this bug.

In fact I think every single ship, many turrets and my station has been effected by this.

I\'ve observed that something happens with the core of the structure, be it the ship core or the first block of a spacestation. Basically that point and all blocks within 8 blocks of it, so yeah a 16x16x16 \"chunk\", is deleted. Although it doesn\'t effect structures the craft may be docked to. So a docked ship or turret can lose its heart without the structure around it being effected.

With ships they\'re dead; you can\'t repair them because you can\'t replace the ship core. With stations you can replace the blocks but the lost blocks are gone. Turrets, if they\'re not destroyed completely they remain docked and they still appear to function but possibly with greatly reduced effect.

This is something of a gamebreaker and needs to be looked into with great haste IMO.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    oh now that everyone else is everperiance its getting looked at, ive had this issue for over 3 weeks and not a single bit of help now thast the entire community gets it gets looked at -.-

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    http://star-made.org/comment/49706#comment-49706

This