Read by Schine Greater Transporter Control (Logic Suggestion)

Reaction score
    I would like to propose the possibility to link logic to transporter modules. It was briefly mentioned here in two threads: activate Transporter via logic and the original announcement of transporters http://starmadedock.net/threads/sta...ctivation-gates-optimizations-and-more.21681/.

Other than wanting to bring this suggestion to the council's attention I felt like it would be prudent to discuss the merits of a system such as this. With this in place more functionality can be given to specific transporters. For example, if someone had a transporter room with different logic controlled stations, each station could have a particular destination. With a logic system in place, activating the transporter modules would simplify the system as a whole, greatly improve the speed at which one could use a transporter, and not to mention the vast increase in role-play value, as it would be easier to create an immersive system. This combination of performance and role-play values could be extended to other roles, such as turret access or even a transporter maze!

I think that the combination of role-play, performance, and functionality values make this a valuable suggestion that is relatively easy to implement.

Reactions: nightrune

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    This could work like the current rail system where you have a button or activator next to a transporter controller and it updates the controller linked to the pads.

This would be useful in RP to have quick buttons to the med bay or cargo area!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    ahh, I dream of the day display modules could be connected to logic, to pass name-specific commands like this. or marker beam utility. that too.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You've got my attention, and I fully agree it would be nice to have this. Though they had probably already planned it, I will relay the suggestion anyways.

Reaction score
    You've got my attention, and I fully agree it would be nice to have this. Though they had probably already planned it, I will relay the suggestion anyways.
    Thanks a million!

This could work like the current rail system where you have a button or activator next to a transporter controller and it updates the controller linked to the pads.

This would be useful in RP to have quick buttons to the med bay or cargo area!
    I totally agree, having the logic work like they do with rails would probably be the simplest way to implement it.

Reactions: nightrune

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    More to this than I initially thought! Honestly a lot of systems should interact with logic that do not. This would be a nice quality of life improvement that, with some effort, gets us out of the UI more often. That is good.