Graphics bug

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I built a ship that has several docked power supply beam ships on it. The power supply beams are kept running with logic blocks. Soon afterwards, I started seeing strange lines appearing in space. After a while, I realized that these were in the exact same pattern as the docked turrets on my ship, and what I was seeing was a projected image of the beams.

I haven't figured out why they appear where they do, but I've seen them at various times throughout the galaxy. I've seen them projected in sectors that are far away from the ship. I built a second ship that also uses a power supply arrangement. They are docked at the same space station, and now I'm seeing both sets of beams projected in space, exactly as they are situated at their docked locations from one another.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    That is a known problem! (cant find the bugticket for it just now )
    Stuff gets its effect shown in wrong sectors (for example you can see damage numbers from battles far far away)

but thanks for mentioning it :)

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    This is sourced in:

Issue #1044 - Weapons fire from AI ships becomes severly maloriented, beam animation renders significant distance away from ship.
    and a follow up of this
    Issue #1134 - Random damage numbers appearing in space

both are sort of known. Seems to be an issue with beams crossing borders. =)

However, known and going to be fixed.

- Andy