Give us the ability to run

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, Where is the Gravi-Booster or Exo-skeleton suit?

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I could be mistaken, but I think Schine has approved the implementation of some sort of astronaut-booster. A jetpack, a rocketbooster, etc.

Of course, it's relatively low priority, because we can quickly throw together a "spacebike" to rapidly run down distances.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Of course, it's relatively low priority, because we can quickly throw together a "spacebike" to rapidly run down distances.
    Agree, but on the other hand, it's also very easy to implement. You need to buff the animation/walk rate and assign a new hotkey - that's it.
    It could be a small surprise to keep peoples enjoyed when shine can't keep up with a promise.

asdwe (w=forward, e=forward++).​

Reaction score
    In the meantime any ship I build will have "gravity fed drop tubes" when it grows in excess of 200m or more than 6 decks!

Reaction score
    Transporters are a hell of a drug. Works nicely for getting in and out of the ship when it's docked to a station too. You wouldn't believe just how much time can it save, depending on ship and spacedock layout. Just don't set it to public.
    But I'm all for buffing the walking speed and/or adding the sprint functionality. There should be at least some advantage to have gravity on your ship after all the limitations it entails.
    Though I'd also like to have ladders. A simple, elegant and compact solution to moving between decks in gravity.

Last edited:

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just for the record, we already run. Hold down shift in astronaut mode to walk.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Then give us inline-skates or roller-blade shoes.

I want to be able to lose life-energy by crashing my head against walls :D​

Reactions: Edymnion
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We should also be able to crouch down to 1-meter height. Crawling through ventilation shafts and other 1-block holes needs to be possible. After all, if we can do it when inside a ship core, why not at other times too?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We should also be able to crouch down to 1-meter height. Crawling through ventilation shafts and other 1-block holes needs to be possible. After all, if we can do it when inside a ship core, why not at other times too?
    I'll make a Mario-account and go into Super-Mario mode only when I eat a mushroom :D

We can jump as high as Super-Mario and we could build nice labyrinths if we have an option to only allow orthogonal alignment.
    But that's a topic for another suggestion.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We kind of "trot" with the same animation as walking. We need a faster "sprint" speed, an animation for run, and probably a different one for sprint to make it look good.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We kind of "trot" with the same animation as walking. We need a faster "sprint" speed, an animation for run, and probably a different one for sprint to make it look good.
    Oh I agree, just pointing out we technically do run already.

Some kind of jet boost where you go much faster but only in a straight line or something like that would be nice. Just a "I'm at the wrong end of my 500m long ship, the door is a quarter of the way to the next sector!" kind of speed boost.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Oh I agree, just pointing out we technically do run already.

Some kind of jet boost where you go much faster but only in a straight line or something like that would be nice. Just a "I'm at the wrong end of my 500m long ship, the door is a quarter of the way to the next sector!" kind of speed boost.
    Are you thinking of a jetpack or something like the Speedbooster and Shinespark from Metroid?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are you thinking of a jetpack or something like the Speedbooster and Shinespark from Metroid?
    Ever play Borderlands and hit the thrusters on the car? You pretty much need your shot lined up before you hit it because you're not going to be able to do much in the way of fine control after you light it up. Something like that.